Name that connector! **Update** connector identified

MattyCiii

100 kW
I purchased a GPS tracker from dealextreme.com. It's a pretty decent kit and I'll be posting a review on it soon. I'm looking for help to identify the type, or a source of supply for, its wiring harness connector, because I'd like to keep the original wiring harness intact. Here's what the thing looks like (the black 10 pin connector. ATX power supply cable, in white, for comparison):
IMG_0066.JPG

It's a lot like an ATX power supply connector, only smaller. Here are the dimensions:
IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

Anybody know?

THANKS!!
What a difference a name makes. With the name, Google Images is giving me lots of leads, some with pin-to-pin dimensions which will confirm exactly what I should order.
Thank you!

Thanks again Adrian_sm.
Looking into the TYCO VAL-U-LOK, I see it has a pin-to-pin distance of 4.2mm. Mine are 3.5mm. So I'm back to the search. Or maybe I should just let go and cut up the connector I have in hand.

go to radio shack they'll help you find it. :lol: oh wait it's not 1985...

Try Mouser's online support chat--they have been helpful in fnding the right parts a few times for me, when I didn't know the nomenclature for what I was looking for.

My guess is they are made (or at least designed by, even if these are clones) Molex.

I checked the Molex master catalog and it's not Molex. The micro-fit series is too fine a pitch at 3.0mm and the mini-fit is too course a fit at 4.2mm. The only 3.5mm pitch connectors that Molex makes are some sealed automotive ones.

We need to look at another manufacturer.

Thanks guys, more avenues for me to follow up!

Worst case I'll just hack up the connector I was given :(

bigmoose said:
I checked the Molex master catalog and it's not Molex. The micro-fit series is too fine a pitch at 3.0mm ...

Just as a person can hear without listening, I read this when it was posted but I didn't listen. So 2 weeks plus went by, I stopped looking for that cursed connector like 13 days ago. But alas - I reread this thread, and re-measured, and lo & behold, my pin pitch is 3.0mm after all. Heck, the caliper reading in my own picture disproves my "3.5mm pitch" claim!

I have pins and socket on the way from Mouser, should arrive this week. Thanks again all for weighing in on this!

Closing the book on the issue... Parts came in and are a perfect fit. Great news on a Friday evening!

Back