Need some advice on an A2B Metro regarding wiring issue.

adh247

10 mW
My problem is as you can see in the pictures, the switching box and/or battery selector that's in the frame is filled.witb epoxy, but my worry is this.. Last time I worked on the bike I had noticed that some the +/- wiring seemed to be a bit corroded, so I tried to brush off corrosion in order to solder on new connectors, and as you can imagine, the bike wiring would not solder very well if not at all to the new wire!

Because this company is out of business, Its very hard trying to find replacement parts. especially on a budget.

I have been noticing that my bike will power off if I hold the throttle all the way down, so when this happens I just have to power it off/on again and will work again, but basically I have to feather my throttle so it doesn't power down.

At first i assumed it was a battery issue because I encountered the problem before, so I put a new battery on it and it worked perfectly afterwards...
This time tho, when I assumed my battery was getting weak again, so I put a new battery in, but this time it didn't solve the problem! It still powers off regardless of the battery being new or old.
What I'm thinking is that because of the wiring and connectors in the frame seem somewhat corrosive, my goal is to just rewire just about everything I can inside the frame tube to prevent any more shortages and to do away with any of the corrosion issues.
My worry is this, I want to cut off as much of the A and B connector wiring but I'm worried that the soldering isn't going to take and solder properly!
Any help or advice about that I can do to make this wire capable of being soldered to?
Thanks , Anthony

Here's some more pics for reference:

Last edited:
Back