Needing to know what brake calipe in bomber frame?

Wizzo

10 W
My stealth bomber has the side port you screw into but I want a pitbike caliper really. Hydraulic of course. I have my old 160mm normal bike disc on but want more power brake on the back. And cheap. Not Magura as to expensive

My front disc is the size above 160mm I think is 180 and that alone is taking abuse, and as my rear swingarm is cable of motorbike style caliper, that's what I'm looking for cheap

Wizzo said:
My stealth bomber has the side port you screw into but I want a pitbike caliper really. Hydraulic of course. I have my old 160mm normal bike disc on but want more power brake on the back. And cheap. Not Magura as to expensive

Are you referring to a centerlock rotor? The other style require six bolts.

Well Magura is what you need. I use their 220 mm and it’s a huge difference compared to the cheap Chinese 203 mm rotors. I have a stealth bomber clone that’s used for a dirtbike around 160lbs and with the Magura I have tons of stopping power even with that weight.

6bolts rotor I already have such is 160mm. I just need a good enough caliper for very cheap

im pretty sure you will need an adaptor peice to fit any caliper. but most bicycle calipers are pretty generic fitting (i think there are only 2 main styles)

they come in various shapes and sizes to fit your needs.

although ive found....even when ordering the "correct" size adaptor, pad to rotor edge alignment can still be off. either spacers need to be added or the adaptor needs a little bit milled off.

note: i found that when i went to disc brakes i used the 160mm rotors i had....and they were terrible. but the same (cable operated) calipers with same used pads are now excellent with a 203mm disc....

you probably dont need new calipers.....just a larger 203mm disc and an adaptor.

Back