New display (or at least new look and feel)?

Hey gang,

Have an LED display that I'd like to either replace or reprogram for a bit more old school feel (think either digital clock or dos prompt vibes). Picture of current display attached.

So, question: can I either change the display format on this display somehow and if not anybody know what would be a compatible swap out? Have an Ariel Rider D-Class and already checked and the Eggrider isn't compatible... :(

download.png

I don't know which (if any) other displays would be compatible with your controller and system, but you could check the various OSFW (open source firmware) projects by Casainho, Stancecoke, et. al., and see if any of them are compatible with the controller and/or display you have. Even if the display GUI they use is not what you want, and no variants yet exist that do so, it could then be redesigned/rewritten to look the way you want. :)

You may have to replace both display and controller together to get what you are after.

If you don't need access to any information inside the controller, and don't need to change it's settings via the display or display buttons, you could use the Cycle Analyst as a cycle computer that tells you your speed, watts, voltage, current, etc. You'd only need the v2.x for this (the 3.x has a lot more versatility but only required if you need those extra things).

If you still need access to controller settings/etc, you'd have to leave your existing display on the bike, but you could eitehr cover it with a flip lid if you need frequent access (or access while riding), or you could put it in a container or bag/etc if you don't need access except occasionally "offline" (not while riding).

Awesome, thanks for all the info! Yeah, the Cycle Analyst seems like a really good option.

Back