New ebike project, need some help about motor/battery

Whitehawk

10 W
Hi guys, it's my third ebike project, after a giant nrs2 and a giant DH team @ 5kw with Nine continent motor 9x7 & lyen 12fet.

Now I'm thinking of a mid drive motor, because a hub is pleasant on the road but not for mountain biking, too heavy on the back wheel.
But i'm afraid by the noise & resistance of a mid drive, maybe a light weight high torque hub can be fine too..

I would like 4-6kw, torque, max speed of 60-70kph (previous bike +70kph).
This bike will be used for 30-40km forest ride.

What do you think of a mid drive GNG 60v650w, with lyen 12 fet?

I will use my Giant NRS2 for this new project, very strong bike, no problem after thousand & thousand kilometers ! :) i sold my DH team.
dsc0185we.jpg

And about the battery, with my dh team I made a plug&play system with anderson (24s2P), practical to use, but need a balance charge on each battery sometimes so it's not perfect !

4eo4.jpg

The cost of a lifepo4 is very high compared to 4s hardcase .. so i'm thinking to build the same anderson system but with high rate BMS !

Again what do you think, and do you have a BMS to recommend ?

Thanks a lot for your help, sorry for mistakes i'm french :mrgreen:

Finally I think try :

- GNG 650w
- lyen 12 fet
- 24s2p (12 x 4s hardcase) anderson harness for // charge, with 6 x balancing module like Adam (http://www.bestechpower.com/balanceboard/HCX-D136.html)
> & DB25 plug for fast check

So i'm looking for someone that could build for me DB25 harness (send me quotation $$):
- 4s jstxh female x 6 to DB25 female (x1)
- DB25 male to 6 x 4s jstxh male (x2)

Thank you guys !

you would like to have 4-6kw, >70kmh, 24s lipo?
That does not work with an GNG 650W kit..

Not >70kph, but 50-60kph ;)
3-4kwh is possible with GNG

Really? I would not have thought your bike chain, freewheels, etc, would like that much.

I get this feeling you want your cake and eat it too. What you describe really wanting sounds like a mid drive, but not a "bike". More like a Zero, which btw does have some lighter weight components from the bike world. But with a fat chain to the rear sprocket that can handle it.

I don't have any easy answers for you, other than to say the GNG should make a nicer handling bike than a hubmotor. But maybe best to keep it in the 2000w ballpark.

Or, If I had forest trails that really could be ridden comfortably at 70 kph, I'd start looking at dual hub as a possible answer. Still a lot of weight at the hub, but at least balanced weight.

I do agree though, the handling just has to suffer some, if you pack a really large hubmotor on the rear wheel. I didn't like it with just a 5304 in the rocky rough trails I have locally.

Back