New Electric Bike magazine in UK

Peter Eland, editor of Velovision, is starting a new magazine. Have a look here:
http://www.electricbikemag.co.uk/

Groovy! I saw the notice for the "Tour de Presteigne" Electric Bike Rally. Even Groovier! I've been meaning to take a vacation to the UK, and this looks like the perfect opportunity. Anybody here going to be there?

Just make sure you swim the Atlantic, michael; don't go in one of those nasty polluting aeroplanes! :D
Whoops! You're in Turkey! Better go by ebike then!

michaelplogue said:
Groovy! I saw the notice for the "Tour de Presteigne" Electric Bike Rally. Even Groovier! I've been meaning to take a vacation to the UK, and this looks like the perfect opportunity. Anybody here going to be there?

I would't bother with the Tour de Presteigne, it's just a glorified showroom you have to pay to get in, no racing any more, and totally boring!

Griz

Cheers Miles....some decent looking non hub drive motors in the ads doesn't mention pricing
onbike.co.uk in particular grabbed my attention, the last bike in their advertisement neat looking
unit shall have to check their website i think i'm guessing at least 3k? haha... Time to break out phootochop
to i see alot of females requiring Hyenas head... ;-P

KiM

Miles said:
Issue 7: http://issuu.com/electricbikemag/docs/eb07_online_full_mag/48?e=1873877/4903941

That was a good read.
It seems shop prices are stopping sales. I have about given up on importing bikes as I would have to ask £700 by the end of my supply chain. Same bike was in a number of adds in that mag for nearly £2000 but I still don't feel £700 competes with some ebay offerings already in my country. It's an odd market. Our local shop stays open selling £500 bikes for £1200

Grizzlybear said:
michaelplogue said:

I would't bother with the Tour de Presteigne, it's just a glorified showroom you have to pay to get in, no racing any more, and totally boring!

Griz
I don't know where you got that from. I went twice and it was totally free. I had a great time. You could jump on any ebike and take it out for a ride wherever you wanted, and there were some nice hills to try. There were loads of different brands. I went on a Haibike FS and the Storck Raddar Multitask among many others, and it didn't cost a penny. There was also the 50 mile tour on the Saturday that was good fun.

The only disappointing thing about it is that they don't do it any more, so I'm surprised to see it in the magazine

paultrafalgar said:
Peter Eland, editor of Velovision, is starting a new magazine. Have a look here:
http://www.electricbikemag.co.uk/

Starting? Wasn't it 4 or 5 years ago I saw it starting over on pedelecs?

Good stuff though...

Back