new generation BMS

Linukas

10 W
Hi,
some time ago I found interesting BMS, it's different than most of other BMS. Have a long conversation with manufacturer and finaly I got some samples for tests:
this is original photo from factory:
gJ2eg.jpg

and this is on my hands:
ueD9E.jpg

p5Tp2.jpg

YuoII.jpg

I get 16S and 24S samples, these bms have lcd display and possibility to connect to PC to change some settings, hope in this week to test it and I'll write how it goes. if everything goes like I expect, hope to offer it for all ES community.

--
Linas

Doc, your a great detective! The board looks to me like it uses the LTC 6802 series of BMS chips which I think are great! Just ask methods, he found them first. Their capability and programmability to me make them a gold standard for BMS designs.

It would be interesting to know what your sale price could be on these Linukas.

Yes Doc, its the same manufacturer, sorry, I forgot to write that.
chips are LTC6803. unfortunately these bms were not for free, but I usualy ship various EV parts from China, so it was not expensive shipping.
After many hours talking with manufacturer, there are possibility to make little better BMS than it is now (to add bluetooth module, make dischage not through BMS, not need mosfets on BMS, better USB type and so on), but it will cost additional.
I do not know exact cost of BMS in Europe, but I think it can be ~150-200euro + shipping. but this is for bms like these, for better bms I see that is better to wait couple of months and buy it from my friend, as I know his company will make something like this but with more and better features.

--
Linas

I have info from them and prices , but they accept only 10+ pcs , so when i get home i ll post detailes they gave me . I asked for custom bms and i think doc and others will agree on what i asked for .
So when i get back ; if you will have interest we can contact them and make a small request for samples . I can point them to forum to register and they can offer independent shiiping and pricing for everybody ; that would mean only that they would sell to everybody separatlly but all together it would be a small order .
What do you think guys ?
I am very interested in trying this

Margobetti and others,
I just ask maker about selling separately and he agreed with it, prices are 120-250$/pcs and it depends on discharging current. I also talked about custom BMS, with this thing is little difficult, they can make what exactly needs for good BMS, but it last ~2 months and cost ~3000$, also the price for custom BMS will be higher. according to this if someone want better BMS than these, is better to wait 2-3 months when my friends company will offer for all who wants it. (they are making good BMS for big cells, so their product is used for many people and works well)

--
Linas

Those look pretty sweet! If they're of similar size as what you've shown, the 72V 100 amp BMS they have is much more compact than those I've seen before. Plus, having an lcd readout screen would be awesome!

Dear Linukas ,

i allready have custom bms prices and i talked about this with them 2 months ago. They said in 2 weeks everything can be finished . Also, there is no 3000 dollars fee for this so i dont know where you get your info . They just asked for 10+ pcs for sale. Also their samples come with aluminium heatsink and there is a version of display without Chinese signs etc..
I dont mind buying from your friend ; but if that means to wait 2 months i dont have that time

edited the link to scribd document

LEOYUN BMS COMPANY PRODUCES BMS FROM 36V - 72V LIFEPO4 AND OTHER BATTERY TYPES
- THEY EXCEPT SAMPLE MAKING IN QUANTITY OF 10 PER SAMPLE
THEIR BMS LOOKS LIKE A TOTAL SOLUTION WITH PCB , DISPLAY ( TYPE A AND TYPE B ARE WITH ALL SAME INFO - ONLY DIFFERENT LANGUAGE AND DIFFERENT DISPLAY TYPE)
AND ALSO ALUMINIUM HEATSINK AS IT IS SHOWN IN A SAMPLE DOCUMENT OF THEIR PRODUCT
THE PARAMETERS ARE EASY TO ADJUST OVER THE PC SOFTWARE THAT THEY PROVIDE

http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/78625480?access_key=key-pa5tg10izhxw0na0qin

What i asked them is to offer a price for me based on 4110 fets (8 of them) and provide a range of balancing current that would be accessible for any use
I dont have pricing list for their regular bms as i wasnt interested in that
This is the pricing list ( including bms board ,display,heatsink, etc..) in yuan for sample we asked for ( they required us to purchase 10 pcs) :

modifiedoptionsprices.jpg

These are the pictures of type A and type B display :

TypeBLCDdisplay.jpg

TypeALCDdisplay.jpg

AB.jpg

Dear Linukas, if your friend can buy the 2 amp balancing current and 100 amp continues bms from datasheet but offer transport etc i am willing to pay a litlle more since i dont need for my prototype more than 1 piece right now

Linukas said:
...add bluetooth module, make dischage not through BMS, not need mosfets on BMS, better USB type and so on) ... his company will make something like this but with more and better features.

This is what I would need:
12-24s selectable
discharge FET either on-board (<100A) or off-board (500A max) with cable link
CANbus (http://www.energybus.info/)
balancer load on separate board with cable link selectable 0.1-2A

I am not sure if all versions I saw around allow 24s for LiFePO and only 20s for MnO (4.2V) chemistries?
I tried to find the BMS in an online shop - no luck.

is 'his company' visible online somewhere?
r

I am curious to see how they calculate the SOC..
and if they work with both (Lipo, Limn or Lico)... and Lifepo4... and if so, how they affect the soc calculation... :?:

Doc

Back