New 'modern' Sine wave? controller to replace EB218?

NeilP

1 GW
I killed my EB218 yesterday.

This is on my first bike..from however many years ago. 16,000 plus miles
26 inch wheels
Lyen EB218 with R12 region mod.

SO I need a new controller, that will be compatible with all my existing wiring..I don't use the bike much any more..it is now an occasional ride rather than an every day / only transport commuter
Existing wiring is basically a V2 CA, PAS, PAS tamer etc

Yes I can just go and buy another Lyen EB318 controller and it will be pretty much plug and pray

I just wondered if there was any "better" sine wave controllers that are pretty much CA compatible. /plug and play in the same way as buying a replacement EB318 Lyen would be.

Not been on the forum or had any e-bike 'doings' for a few years now, so a bit out of touch with what is 'new'

On the FB group some one did suggest a Sabvuton unit, but looking at them , it looks very much like ti would be a major re wire to get all the 'other stuff' working.
Yes I could fit one and the phase and power would be the same..but not compatibility with the 'other stuff..without major work.

Now I am 'out' of e-bikes..don't need the extra work of doing that

So ..what is out there? does Lyen/Keywin do a sine wave unit that is the 'same' as the older EB218/318's?

Looking for 100 volt for occasional 24 series use, and up to about 80-140 amp

You can stop reading her...unless you want to know how I killed the controller AND the PC

I guess I killed them because I had the battery ( 20s4p lipo with BMS ) connected to the charger via the BMS when I tried to upload new settings to the MCU
I have flashed the MCU many many many times over the past 5 years..never an issue.
Battery negative was disconnected from controller,
Controller caps discharged by disconnecting the battery while powered on.
BUT the charger connected to the bike via the BMS..so was charging .
Charger is connected to the mains via the same ring main as the PC.
USB was plugged in to the PC.

The very second I connected the black multi pin connector from the USB programming cable ( well it never even connected) the computer died.

On checking the bike..that is dead also...CA still powers up as it has the battery voltage
But no 5 volt out of the controller.

looks like I killed the Power reg stage...
AM guessing there was some issue/ voltage higher than it should have been on the USB lines due the charger being plugged in..all I can think of.

it is one of the later EB218 boards with the SMD switched mode style 5 volt regulator systems..not the big resistor dropper and large discrete components...
SO now chance of me fixing it.

SO?

Any ideas for a replacement controller

Back