• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

New Power Connector on CA

GMUseless

100 W
Not sure if anyone's mentioned the extra power connector on the new Cycle Analyst yet.

I just got another CA from eBikes.ca: a large screen DP with speedo. But, this one has an extra power connector on it. I looked in the manuals and saw no mention of it, and the one I bought last year doesn't have it.

I emailed Justin about it today, and he responded that it's indeed a direct battery connection good for about 1 amp. The connector is designed to mate with the Cycle Lumenator lights. But, even those who don't have these will surely find an amp worth of battery feed at the handle bars quite useful.

It's a nice addition to the CA. It ships with a rubber cap, which I've removed for the photo.

IMG_5159.jpg

That's awesome. Super Helpful. I never seem to have enough aux taps. That being said, make sure you keep it covered. Seems like it might be easy to accidentally short to an exposed piece of metal somewhere.

Yeah Troy, good point. I don't have the Grin lights, so I'm going to cut the connector. For what it's wort though, the rubber cap is a really good seal. But some water in there could turn out a bitch!

How many volts comes out of it?

GMUseless said:
I haven't tested it, or opened it yet to look...but Justin said it was pack voltage; a direct connection.

I am disappoint.

GMUseless said:
I haven't tested it, or opened it yet to look...but Justin said it was pack voltage; a direct connection.
I believe it come out in fully voltage just like your battery voltage. The assumption is that you will use one of Cycle Lumenator, which already have dc-dc converter build in.

I could be wrong, the early version that I tested came out was fully voltage almost burn out my light. So test it first.

Ken

Back