New To Electric Bikes - Moskito & Schwinn Choppers

danhfvcsd

1 µW
Hey guys, just a quick intro to say hi and stuff :)

Very new to electric bikes, but just recently picked up a Dillenger Moskito Chopper as a pedal bike, and threw on the dillenger 1000w 48v/10ah conversion... had to install a few things a little differently, but it works for me :)

No wind on the flat (and only going off speeds on the readout), i get anything from about 47-50kph out of it... downhill gets almost to 60, but havent really been down many hills flat out, as the brake callipers are shithouse, and i'm not crazy lol Into a headwind, speed drops to about 38-45kph, depending how strong it is... i NEVER pedal, unless going up a hill, or starting from a stop...

Not real sure how range goes on a full charge, but my travel route to and from work is just shy of 10klms, and i usually end up JUST dropping to half capacity (as far as the readout tells me anyway) It's super quiet, just gotta get some decent callipers for braking and i'll be good to go with this one... Would really like to upgrade the batteries in this to 30ah tho and make up some sort of custom box inside the frame, but i'm not real good with metal work hahaha Have mates who can help there tho :)

I also just picked up (what i was told) a Schwinn Stingray Chopper, but it's currently got a 2 stroke 80cc in it, which i hate... Plans are to go through pedalchopper.com and pimp this thing out with fat 24 x 1/4" tyres front and rear, rear 1000w hub direct drive setup, with a 60v 30ah lifepo4 pack... Wanna get the wide ride forks for this thing too, plus a few other cool little pieces here and there... Will be pretty cool when it's finished...

Just waiting on my car to sell before i can start this project tho... if anyone wants to buy a 2005 35th anniversary Nissan 350Z, hit me up! haha :)

btw, like i said - i'm very new to this, so if you spot anything i should be doing different or have any tips, be sure to sing out! :)

Thanks guys,

Daniel :)

Back