Newbie, Looking for answers, 6Kw too much? :) 1st timer w/ a Hub.

Very emotionally connected to a build, something to be proud of.
Have to stand up for yourself and be feisty.
Don't take no crap from no one.
At least its not 6Kw on a road bike, plus where is Chalo's chime in that its a motorcycle not a bicycle.
To me, if it has pedals it is a bicycle.
For a "First time" then go big or go home. No need to see a lowly 1kw fleabay build.
Is that 6kw burst or 6kw continuous, BIG DIFFERENCE

calab said:
Is that 6kw burst or 6kw continuous, BIG DIFFERENCE

Those were my first peak numbers. It increased with my throttle jockeying, and SOC, to upwards of an 100A/ 8kW peak. I would see this peak often, on the datalog through the shunt out of the battery.

Peak, not contin. Continuous was a 50A, 3.3kW . The controller has since been replaced and is now a 105A contin, with a 150A peak... At least that is what is written on the side of the Kelly KEB controller. I will datalog and show the results here for this new motor/controller. We will see how many watts the controller takes from the battery.

Pretty sure Chalo knows what my bike is, just has made the decision NOT to give me sh*t about it. He kinda does know everything. Lol.

I am threading the frreewheel on now for my first rides with the new motor. Should be today.

Good, we need proof and we need pictures and more pictures.
Snap snap
:wink:

DogDipstick said:
I will datalog and show the results here for this new motor/controller. We will see how many watts the controller takes from the battery.

Pretty sure Chalo knows what my bike is, just has made the decision NOT to give me sh*t about it. He kinda does know everything. Lol.

I am threading the frreewheel on now for my first rides with the new motor. Should be today.

Goddamn,. Qs V3 205 4t is a Hellion compared to the V1.

Damn its fast as f.....

Attachments

• DSCF4047 - Copy.JPG
    DSCF4047 - Copy.JPG
    593.7 KB · Views: 372
  • DSCF4048 - Copy.JPG
    DSCF4048 - Copy.JPG
    611.8 KB · Views: 372
  • DSCF4049.JPG
    DSCF4049.JPG
    630.1 KB · Views: 372
  • DSCF4050.JPG
    DSCF4050.JPG
    663.8 KB · Views: 373
  • DSCF4060.JPG
    DSCF4060.JPG
    602.1 KB · Views: 375
  • DSCF4064 - Copy.JPG
    DSCF4064 - Copy.JPG
    571.4 KB · Views: 373
  • DSCF4068.JPG
    DSCF4068.JPG
    657.4 KB · Views: 373
  • DSCF4074.JPG
    DSCF4074.JPG
    567.3 KB · Views: 373
  • DSCF4075.JPG
    DSCF4075.JPG
    616.1 KB · Views: 374
  • DSCF4076.JPG
    DSCF4076.JPG
    630.1 KB · Views: 373
CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING said:
This bike and it's thread is TNT.

Thankyou I do love this bike. Really. Want to ride it every day, was very worried when it burnt up the smaller motor. I was afraid I wouldn't have a bike to ride ( and I did not for a few weeks, it did hurt my everyday excursions). This thing really rips now. Digs holes, not just little strips of torn up turf. Rips two or three inch deep ruts. Its crazy. I cannot go full throttle. Its is nutzard.

Scootdan said:
Man I love your bike brother Dog Dipstick. ..

...Thank you for sharing and all the great pictures of your EXCELLENT work brother. 8)

Thankyou, too. Its a solid frame: I do recommend an old 7005 Ironhorse to anyone wanting an aluminum MTB ebike. The 7005 just keeps on getting stronger. Over time. For sure .

calab said:
You know, there is something to be said about working with your hands. Your at one, and when your shaping an building your doing something, it makes you proud and when your done you ride it and the joy rises from the sweat on your brow and lithium grease on your cheek.

Oh yeah, someone gave me those laser cut "U" shaped pieces of metal, I had to figure a good way to use them. I do love building things with my hands, with the tools that I have. My whole shop is trashed from the last week of mounting this motor . There is always alot involved even if you assume it will be simple.

I hope it lasts more than 10K miles, more than the last motor ( that lived its life hot, and stressed, at the brink of its power maximum).

john61ct said:
Noice.

Have to say took a doubletake at your OP being in the noob sub

:cool:

Yeah, this is/was my first hub motor MTB. It is ridiculously powerful now. Like... certainly ... " get you into trouble " powerful. I cannot wait to hook up the datalogger and get the actual numbers from the shunt.

Sitting on a solid 23* of rake and a trail value of 4.5". This bike rips.

DogDipstick said:

Damn its fast as f.....

Is this motor the same one you linked in that amazon link? The $~200 one?
No. This motor cost 429$ shipped and yes, i did buy it from Amazon
It is a QS 205 V3 50H with a 11.5? kv RPM/ volt I think. It is known as the " 4t" motor. The 200$ on Amazon one is the V1.

I reached 700 rpm on my 19" rim.

DogDipstick said:
DogDipstick said:

Damn its fast as f.....

Is this motor the same one you linked in that amazon link? The $~200 one?
No. This motor cost 429$ shipped and yes, i did buy it from Amazon
It is a QS 205 V3 50H with a 11.5? kv RPM/ volt I think. It is known as the " 4t" motor. The 200$ on Amazon one is the V1.

I reached 700 rpm on my 19" rim.

Ah, thank you!

Back