nimby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stealth_Chopper said:
Never Named, records sealed, and still alive:
There are 1,000s of them already and more each day.

Which country?

Under age defendants go by different laws then 16 or 17+ which in many cases are tried as adults in the USA.

In Canada, there is something called Not Criminally Responsible (NCR) which after a 5+yr stint at pysch hosptial and closely monitored, they walk free, like the Greyhound Beheader, The University of Calgary mass murderer (5 students died from knife attack) who was the son of a top cop in Calgary. Karla Hulmucka, another serial murderer claimed abused women, walking free and taking care of children in Quebec.

TL;DR: if you want/need to murder someone with minimal impact on your personal freedom, rent a time machine ...

Hey thanks, guys, now Everytime I see some upset teenager I'll be worrying they're about to go M'Naghten. (What we call it in California.)

DON'T rent a time machine. I'd rather it not be revealed who is Doctor Who at this time.

A 21-year-old California man pleaded guilty under juvenile justice terms to the murder of a neighbor girl in 2015.

Adrian Gonzalez entered the plea Tuesday in Santa Cruz as soon as the case was transferred to juvenile court, the Santa Cruz Sentinel reported.

Gonzalez was 15 at the time 8-year-old Madyson “Maddy” Middleton was killed.

Santa Cruz County Superior Court Judge John Salazar said he had no choice but to remove the case from the adult court system due to juvenile justice reforms, the Sentinel reported.

In adult court, Gonzalez could have faced two consecutive life prison sentences for murder, kidnapping, sexual penetration, two counts of lewd and lascivious behavior and intercourse with a minor, plus misdemeanor destruction of evidence.

In the juvenile system, Gonzalez will be eligible for release at age 25.

So you can compare that case to one I'll have a hard time getting details right: This guy committed the murder in his early 20's (Or so they say) and was finally caught maybe late 50's/early 60's. There was all this wailing because here was this solid citizen, father, grandfather, big career. They were trying to judge him for something he did when he was an immature drug addict. As the detective said "We're not ready to give people one free murder. . . ."

I have to say I thought he handled the whole thing well. He denied doing it, but acknowledged that not only was it easy to believe a junkie would have done it but also that he wouldn't remember it if he did. And said that he could fight it but his family should accept however this turns out as the awful life he lived can come back to haunt him in its' own way.

This is different, yours may (Or may not) have outgrown being a 15 year old but he's gaining an advantage for being treated as one. This other guy definitely proved he'd outgrown what he'd been as he committed his murder, but he'll still be treated as that junkie in his 20's.

But what can you do?

It sounds like Gonzales will do less jail time for murdering an 8 year old than Trump supporters who commit trespassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back