Nuvinci with dual 80-100 build am I crazy...

DeathBlade

100 W
Well I got the bug again :D My current magic pie 3 with the lyen 12fet isn't cutting it (speeds great hill climbing not so much)

Then I though I have these three 80-100 130kv's laying around, I ordered a developer kit Nuvinci a while back. And I have my diamondback XTS frame so I think it time for a build. I'm thinking front freewheel batshit insane-o gearing I live on close to a 15-20% slope its hard to go up some of these hills in my jeep and I hate pedaling :)

So the two 80-100 with a heavy cog belt dropping through a neugart 60 or 80 (haven't thought of a good ratio)
to a front free wheel, lace the nuvinci into a wide 26" rim swap out use a six? speed mega drive free wheel in the back. Swap out my 12s4p 5ah 30C pack from my current MP3 Then try to upgrade it to something crazy like 24s 3p 30ah ? And use a set of HV160s?

Then blow up a chain every five minutes :D

Where do you guys think I should go on this? I want to have some crazy high climbing power, speed and range some I'm thinking gears and a bigger battery.

Having used these motors on several builds i think on a MTB ones more than enough
for your needs... I dont think 24s is a good idea 18s is about the limit for these motors IIRC...
Would advise fitting hall sensors and getting a decent modded Infineion or Kelly controller
if you plan to do offroad riding and or low/mid level throttle for extended periods, the RC ESC
work but like WOT more than midrange speeds

Best of luck

KiM

Ya, rethinking about the RC ESC, But I'm still set on the two motors, I'm thinking about dirtbike~ish powerlevels. (plus I weigh 230lbs)

Hi,

DeathBlade said:
Ya, rethinking about the RC ESC, But I'm still set on the two motors, I'm thinking about dirtbike~ish powerlevels. (plus I weigh 230lbs)
Might be too much for the Nuvinci.

Thanks!

It will definately eat that Nuvinci. Maybe not the first day, but it will eat it. I know cause I ate mine. With 2 80-100's you wont need the Nuvinci, it will just be unneeded extra weight. With 1 80-100 it would be a sweet strong ride.

I'm rethinking this as my MP3 just broke 60% of the spokes, riding around a police barricade :D

So now I'm thinking I saw a Neugart WPLE 80 on ebay so two motors on a communal shaft going into a 90* gearbox with a 5:1 planetary. Running a 15-16T freewheel driving a 48-52T chainring.

The mount for the motors would be a slab of 1/2" 6061 I have laying on my back porch. Around the motors since I take this off road would be aluminum diamond plate enclosure with a the top motor having a fan on it to pull in air.

Now I have a lyen 12fet controller from the MP3 but I doubt that would be able to run it and survive, any recommendations on the controller for two 80-100's?

phear the MS paint skillz....

I am 230lbs and my bike 70lbs and I got one 80100 with a two speed gear box with my test battery with is 48v headway pack that sag 10v at 55amp it still wheelies in both gears. I can't wait to try it with my 16s lipo pack

Back