organising a group discount with HK

Philistine

100 kW
I don't know if this has already been discussed before (I am sure it has), but it occured to me the other day that the ES community must be a pretty decent customer for Hobby King. I realise the RC community is massive, and we are a small drop, but I also think not many RC enthusiasts would by the bulk quantity of lipo etc.. that we do. And there is so much referral of custom by new members to this forum. Someone should approach HK and see if they will give a ES member discount (eg a code we can enter). It might only be a few %, but I bet once they realised what we represent as a buying group, they would offer some form of discount - just look at how loosely they throw around the discounts by waiting on the screen for a popup. The discount might be no more than that amount, but at least then you wouldn't have to wait around for the offer to popup.

What do you guys think?

When you negotiate it maybe include some volume discounts, which will encourage us to purchase more, and/or some package deals. eg They order a bunch of quality chargers to coincide with new stock of batt packs coming in, and throw in good wire and connectors.

I'm going to be in China again soon, and I will talk to him over lunch or dinner about it.

When we hung out 6months ago, he had no idea people put RC lipo on bicycles, didn't think it was a good idea at all, and lastly, all the LiPo everyone on ES has bought in the history of ES wouldn't make 1 day.o lipo sales for HK. He has hobbyshops and clubs buying pallets of assorted batteries on a daily basis, many of them requesting there own shrink wrap colors and stickers put onto the packs, which might be fun to do, an ES badged lipo pack run. :)

Do bear in mind how crazy cheap it is in the first place, eh? I just jump for joy he made a USA warehouse I can have lipo shipped from! :mrgreen:

What I REALLY would like to see though, is some 5s 2p 10 ah packs out there at a good price. Even better for many commuters, a 7s 2p pack!

Then a nice affordable LVC for various common voltages, 10s, 12s.

Back