Origins of Plasma Boy

wow!

someone gonna have to get real ambitious to try and top that one. also proves that truth is stranger than fiction.

where was that teenage daughters Camera Phone?

rick

Now we know,
I can imagine what 336V of racing AGM batteries will do. Maybe 500 amps or so from a 16Ah battery? 160+ KW arcing across would make me pee my pants! :shock: Reminds me of the thought when I first saw a xray machine transformer. 480V 3 phase 150 amps on one side, 150,000 volts on the other...no errors allowed! Luckily I have ceramic high voltage tools, safety goggles, safety mask and full clothing when I play around with the evil battery. Saw a wrench vaporize from a 144VDC NiCad pack back in the 80's.
Now I know why I'm so paranoid, a 48V pack with protection curcuits, fuses and insulated tools for me! Thanks for the story, always good to hear what the Sucks Amps racing team is up to.

i was wonce working on a 48 volt prototype fuelcell EV (golfcart style) and "discovered", to my surprise, that they had grounded one of the battery terminals to the chassis! i saw the plasma ball then. fortunatly i managed to rip away the dropped connection tho.

Back