P R O J E C T "Y" KILLABICYCLE World record 17 june 2009

Take the record Doc! Best of luck to you!

Then I'm going to take that record from you myself :p :evil: :twisted: :shock: :mrgreen: 8) :lol:

after your last post, i emailed a short note to CBC, CTV and Space/CITY.

if it is slow news day you may have a chance.

BON CHANCE!

rick

Go get 'em Doc! Good luck!

-JD

Thanks you so much guys!

The bike is finally ready!

I'm confident to get the speed i want to reach!

I have some pictures of the finished bike for you! :wink: ( crazy battery pics will come later)

The bike fairig construction toke me alot of time but my father and a great friend of mine came to help me as late as 1am last night!

Doc

Attachments

• P1070726_800x600.jpg
    P1070726_800x600.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 3,115
  • P1070730_800x600.jpg
    P1070730_800x600.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 3,114
  • P1070731_800x600.jpg
    P1070731_800x600.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 3,113
  • P1070734_800x600.jpg
    P1070734_800x600.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 3,107
  • P1070736_800x600.jpg
    P1070736_800x600.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 3,109
  • P1070737_800x600.jpg
    P1070737_800x600.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 3,104
  • P1070741_800x600.jpg
    P1070741_800x600.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 3,103
Does that rear section house the chute? :wink:

Hey Doc,

Congradulations on completing your drag bike

This bike at this time is a perfect piece of engineering

-perfectly matched by resistane/capasity/SOC
-5302 Air cooled motor =D.. with tempature moniter
-18 mosfet Controller with super high current mods, and very low esr caps as doc said
-FAIRING; Something I wish my bike had, Do this will help you more then you can imagine at high speeds
-The bike even gets its own stand! .. how good would that be to have when you work on your own bike!!!

THE ULTIMATE EBIKE

Best of luck to you doc, I expect no less then 120km/h!

-steveo

gorgeous bike.

the weather should also be co-operating with Doc. at present the temp is 13C(55F) with zero wind and sunny. forcast highs are 25C (77F), mainly sunny and SW winds rising to 15kph (9mph) by the afternoon. winds willl drop during the evening. sundown will be 20:42EST. humidity is 88%

direction of travel on this track is NW so the forcast wind will be a crosswind.

good luck DOC.

rick

I guess with all them holes in the cover we don't have to worry bout a waranty claim anymore. it is a really great looking bike.

i'm dying with anticipation to hear the results. i hope he doesn't experience any insurmountable "shakedown" probs.

weird but my last thought was that the extrusions he used to build his bike stand look rather nice. i wonder where he got those.

rick

Keep us posted Doc! If you can't post from your phone, ask to use someones phone at the track that has good internet ability.

We are all wishing good luck to you!

-Luke

Doc :

As soon as you can upload the video.
Here in Chile (more than 8000 kms far) we cant wait to see the race!

Good luck !

Rodrigo
Viña del Mar - Chile

Doc,

Same from Switzerland, It's 23:00 here but I'll stay up until you have uploaded a video!!! :D

Perhaps Doctorbass and his killabicycle have reach 88 miles per hour and he has made the time jump BACK TO THE FUTURE! :lol:

Eagerly awaiting the results :|

Kurt.

Slick build Doc, I can't wait to hear the results and watch the vid to see what that thing can do. :D. My thoughts are with you.

-JD

update! update! update!

That certainly is one awe inspiring machine you've built there doc, it's something that I would love to ride over anything else.
I have no doubt the world record is yours.
I'm sure you've given aspiration for some to follow in your footsteps, myself included but maybe not quite as extreme as you.
I used to love ripping the roads and tracks up on ICE bikes, but It's now DIY e-bikes only for me.

it's almost midnight in Doc's time zone. still no word.

i hope he is just celebrating...

BUMP!!!

rick

UPDATES! :mrgreen:

Today and yesterday was very busy days preparing the bike and the making of an episode for extreme hobyist like me!

That was very exiting!

ok ok.. want to know the results? :wink:

Real GPS measured Speed: 94.3kph (58.6MPH) official speed today!

so that match the official speed recorded bt the american record in the Bonneville desert.. lol.. same speed.. so we are both to have the same speed!... BUT.. My bicycle DOES HAVE PEDAL !!!.. His "bicycle doesn't have pedal... THIS IS NOT A BICYCLE!... So in fact... I have the true eBicycle that have the 58.6MPH guys!! :mrgreen: 8)

Recorded current: 170A.. min Volt 87.9V.. front wind: 25kph :roll:

AND... I've succeded finally to tow a 16000lbs schoolbus !!!!! with mt mongoose ebike on a new 20" wheel max current 90A and max motor temp: 57celsius after the first run.

guys.. i'll have a tons of link to share with you with video.. alot of TV news and reporter had filmed me for this event.. so i'll post the link as soon as i find them!

Today accomplished work: and at lease one world record!

58.6MPH GPS (recorded two times)

and towed a 16000lbs scholl bus!!!

Doc will go to the bed and will come back tomorrow.. a bit tired and need to recharge his bionic battery!! :mrgreen:

Doc

Doctorbass said:
UPDATES! :mrgreen:
My bicycle DOES HAVE PEDAL !!!.. His "bicycle doesn't have pedal... THIS IS NOT A BICYCLE!... So in fact... I have the true eBicycle that have the 58.6MPH guys!! :mrgreen: 8)

Recorded current: 170A.. min Volt 87.9V.. front wind: 25kph :roll:

Awesome!!! Congratulations! :p

You are: :mrgreen: :twisted:

The E-man! 8)

Wow... I would have expected a little more speed from 15 kW and something like 11+kW (>70% efficiency) output. I know you probably modeled it using the simulator - can you give a data point as to its accuracy? I'd think the drag coefficient of your bike is probably somewhere between .4 and .7. Uploading the profile's data (It can be saved using the simulator) would be helpful so I can investigate it further.

Back