• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

PAS for 57 Chainring on 100/168 ISIS BB

ixandstones

10 mW
Hello everyone

I'm trying to get a PAS to work on my Luna Cargo but have hit a roadblock.

I've tried a few solutions, none of which worked.

1) The BEAMTS torque sensor, does not fit onto the Luna frame with my battery/motor.
2) The PAS 12P sensor from grin will not fit on an ISIS BB
3) The PAS-12p_CHR will not fit onto my 52t chainring (bolts too far apart)
4) I tried to attach the latter with zip ties but it is almost impossible to have it align perfectly center to the chainring and thus does not work on the bike when pedaling
5) I tried removing the magnets from my collection of PAS sensor rings and putting them in the chainring bolts themselves but this solution does not work either. I suspect that since the chainring bolts I have are steel and magnetic, the magnet magnetizes the entire bolt and interferes with the detection of the sensor.

Anyone have any solutions they wish to propose? I am about to give up on PAS

You have to get the magnets in the right orientation for the PAS to work. Some PASs are handed, so only work on one side of the bike regardless of how you orientate the magnets.

Probably the easiest solution is to change the BB to a Hollowtech or square taper one. ISIS is a pain as far as PAS is concerned.

Back