Picture for ZootCat

graemebc

10 W
I saw this and thought of Zoots dislike of cars. It really drives home a point don't it heheh

That's cool. Thirty six bikes in one parking space though it's more like the bikes are stored rather than just parked.
When this video first showed up people thought it was my mother.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk69CK2kCdQ[/youtube]

How about the ultimate touring bike ?

Attachments

• kc1-thumb-620x411-24973.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,262
Moving closer to work or getting a job closer to home creates a wide variety of options. Clinging to the old paradigm of commuting long distances on the promise that fuel will remain affordable is a losing gamble.

Attachments

• cloggedFreeway.jpg
    cloggedFreeway.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 2,098
Well, it's 42 bikes in a parking space, but the limited freedom would suck. What if you need to go home earlier than the rest and your bike is the red one in the middle? A better solution I've seen used here in Costa Rica is bikes hung up by the front wheel. Then the parking footprint becomes far smaller especially with staggered hangers. E-bikes may be too heavy though.

I absolutely love the trike motor home. My wife really cringed when I showed it too her, because she knew how much sense it made to me, just electrified and large enough for our family of 5. I'd have to address aero. It's windy enough here almost daily that we'd get blown right over. With the new hwy open I could get to the beach in with an electric version of that in less than the 2.5 hours it used to take by car. Just pull up and park...no hotel...totally self contained. That's got Johnnebago written all over it, and I could sell the shit out of them too. LOL

John

Damn! Thats a serious freeway! Largest we get here in Aus (as far as I know) is 3 lanes per direction!

Never seen anything like that before... Thats nuts.

Ner pacific motorway outside brissy is 5 lanes each way but still not that large.

Photoshop?...maybe that pic is, but I lived in Los Angeles for over 40 years, and the "image" is accurate. A recent poll shows the worst top-20 cities http://allworldcars.com/wordpress/?p=11866 Here's pics of London and Los Angeles from Google Image search (traffic jam):

trafficjam460.jpg

I have personally driven on this particular freeway many times (I-10). Glad I don't live there any more, I currently live 5 miles from work.

traffic-jam.jpg

Presumably these pics aren't rush hour, but parents driving to their "local" pharmacy to pick up asthma medicines (steroids?) for their kids...
"Childhood Asthma Linked to Freeway Pollution"
http://www.usc.edu/uscnews/stories/11614.html
l0cK

The chop photo is silly, but I think it makes a good point..
spinningmagnets said:
I have personally driven on this particular freeway many times (I-10). Glad I don't live there any more, I currently live 5 miles from work.
Thats the 405 looking south.. otherwise known as "my front yard" lolz. That looks like a couple years ago, they just finished the widening construction in this section.

Thats the 405 looking south

Oooops! Thanks Vanilla, Its been 7 years since I "escaped" LA, and I thought I recognized it. I should have remembered Venice as my wife and I have strolled the boardwalk a few times. Anyone who has been to LAX airport has seen the 405. The interntional court in Brussels has recently designated the 405 as a form of torture.

heathyoung in Aus,

If you want to see something mind boggling, you should see some of the interchanges near the big American cities...spiraling into the heavens...

Each section of interchange has to be tall enough to clear like 15 feet of semi-trailer height. They get pretty up there when stacked 4 or 5 high. The 405 south to 105 east ramp near LAX is the highest I can think of nearby here. You can get a nice view of the city.. a short view if you're lucky. A nice long view if you're not so lucky!

200153629-001.jpg

spinningmagnets said:
The interntional court in Brussels has recently designated the 405 as a form of torture.
Lolz, yea I see bumper stickers with Calvin pissing on 405. You know a freeway is bad when you see it on bumper stickers! The 10 and 405 do look similar. I use the 405, 10 and a couple other freeways daily, but I carpool so most times I can relax.

I wish I could escape this too.. one day.

lol, redicoulouse , what we (the collective public at large) do to accomodate these road hogs (cars,suvs,"semis"). i worked road construction for many years as a laborer and maching operator and I HATE IT , its sickning really. It made me sick literally. breathing all that garbage day in and day out. when i ebiked past some cops the other day i felt really sorry for them, directing traffic what a shit job......as i ioned past them onto the bike path, they saw the superiourity of my bicycle as a form of transportation. however they would then be out of a job if everyone stopped driving so much.

Back