Ping - Updates and rumour mill

Pete

100 W
This is basically an open invitation for Ping to give the forum an update on how the new pack and BMS development is comming along (if he wants to that is ). And maybe save having to answer the same question from different members :)

I know I am holding my breath for a pair of new design 36v 20Ah's. I do wonder who else is holding off to see the new design ?

I'm set for batteries for a while, but I am interested to hear about those alleged hard-shelled cells...

Hi all,

The new product is still being tested. Now the cell is ready, but not the prismatic hard-shelled cell I mentioned before. Because we don't think it's good enough after testing. We have asked the factory to modify the design so that we can use it in the future. Anyway, now we have another kind of cell and it performs well. Actually we are waiting for the BMS now. 3 solutions are being tested at same time. The total solution will be available soon. Sorry, I cannot tell you more now.

Please don't confuse the new product with our classic duct tape packs. They are two difference portfolio.

Ping

Hot damn our batteries are allready classics! Kinda like having an Apple one. Museum piece someday?

Hopefully not too soon! I'd rather keep it on the bike!
otherDoc

Product #001 tends to be the "proof of concept" product.

It's usually Product #002 or #003 that really starts to deliver on all the desires people have for something to work right.

By Product #037 you have perfected everything (years later) and the focus is on beating your competitors that have inevitably realized that selling batteries can make you rich. :)

Back