Plugging a parallel harness into another harness?

markw

10 W
Hey ES,

Can you plug in a 1x6 paralell harness into another harness? Question applies to balance and mains. Max 20a from the charger, wires are 12awg, the plugs will always be paralell down the harness, ... Why not?

Similarly the balance harness will keep all the cells on their correct wires. I have two 1x6 harnesses and a total of 8 batteries to charge, so 5 20c 5s lipo on one, three on the next harness. Harness would be plugged into the other pre plugging in the batteries, not plug in 3 to one x6 harnes and then plug them into the other.

Could save me a lot of time modifying my existing.

Thanks guys

As long as nothing is connected in series, then you can plug identical packs in parallel.

If you still have anything in series when you connect them in parallel, you'll be shorting across the whole pack when you do it, with potentially dramatic self-disassembly or other results. :(

Only problem is each plug is yet another chance to have a disconnect, poor connect, or whatever. So balancing could be thrown off by resistance in each set of plugs. One flaky jst, and your charger starts balking on finishing charges.

Back