Possible to bulk charge in parallel with individual chargrs?

megacycle said:
dumbass said:
http://www.szsmartec.com/EN/productsview.asp?PID=752

Sounds like they are working well Bob 8), 1.7A is a decent bleed current too.
Are you leaving them permanently connected?
They probably specify 18AWG for volt drop purposes, big for 1.7A, as the difference between fully charged and over charge voltages are millivolts, is affected by size and length.

Remembering that my tests were crude and I only connected to 2 cells (the fastest charging ones) and I only pinch clamped the wires on both the cells and bleeders. When finished I will build them into a small plastic box. I a built my own packs from prismatic cells and everything they need for riding (cellLog8 and alarm) is built into the top of the pack. When you add in the extra wiring for the balance plugs things are pretty tight. So the bleeders will always be stand alone components. This winter I will be building at least 2 more 24v 20ah packs exactly the same. So with both stand alone chargers and bleeder setups I can use them on any PAC as needed.

I got an email this morning from the gal I ordered from asking if the shipment arrived OK. So while they were a little slow to ship they do have good follow up. And the quality of the boards are top notch.

Bob

Back