• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Problem setting limits on Bac800.

Snurt

100 mW
Hi

EggRider display and BBSHD motor.

Everything works, gear sensor, throttle, PAS and break sensors.
But the controller wont adhere to the limitations i put in the EggRider ASI settings.

Controller was bought from electron and came configured for EggRider and with Bafang harness.
EggRider firmware 2.4.08 and 2.4.11 tested.

Help me if you can!

And happy holidays!=)

Snurt said:
Everything works, gear sensor, throttle, PAS and break sensors.
But the controller wont adhere to the limitations i put in the EggRider ASI settings.
Which parameter isn't being obeyed? Motor power or phase current or?
Perhaps the assist mode source wasn't set in the ASI? Do you have BACdoor?

The speed limit, wattage limit, motor current limit is not obayed.

I do not have BACdoor, i have no login credentials for that app.

Snurt said:
The speed limit, wattage limit, motor current limit is not obayed.

I do not have BACdoor, i have no login credentials for that app.

I have quite a few Eggriders in service. I have one that does not enforce speed limit after about a year of use (the limit defaults to the controller settings if it is not commanded by the Egg). But, as discussed, it could be controller settings as well. Is Electron willing to help you? Maybe they will send you another display to try out.

Electron stated that they wont offer support when EggRider is used instead of their stock display. EggRider was bought from em3ev with a BBSHD kit.

I asked on the EggRider facebook page and posted the error on their feedback thingie on bitbucket. Other users report the same problem.

How can i get access to the BACdoor software? If i can just set the power and speed limit on the BAC800 direct i wil be happy.

I also have a problem with BAC800 settings, I bought a BAC800 from Luna customized for Cyclone 3KW motor, but it comes without the brake potentiometer cable, and they say they cannot enable this function! (but they do not warn about this in their web page)
How could I get a BacDoor SW (even an old version) to enable the regenerative braking?

You could check with Grin Tech and see if the Phaserunner software will talk to your BAC800. But even if it does, the controller hardware you have may not have the input you want, if it was ordered by the seller from ASI without that for whatever reason.

amberwolf said:
You could check with Grin Tech and see if the Phaserunner software will talk to your BAC800. But even if it does, the controller hardware you have may not have the input you want, if it was ordered by the seller from ASI without that for whatever reason.

Thanks for quick reply. I already contacted Luna to ask about Phaserunner, they say it will not work. The connector has all not used wires cut at about 1 cm, they could be eventually connected or replaced, but without the software it does not make any sense for this project. I am using a VESC, but it is limited to 50-54V (60 is unsafe). Probably I could use a Kelly controller, at least they give the software.

Back