Project: Home made velomobile design with crank or mid motor

Nice door hinge! Will it have a spring pull it in when it reaches the bottom?
Looks like you plan to have a door seal. How will you latch it shut at the top & front?

How much does the windshield weigh? I guess your winters are cold enough that the "greenhouse effect" will be welcome?

1JohnFoster said:
Nice door hinge! Will it have a spring pull it in when it reaches the bottom?
Looks like you plan to have a door seal. How will you latch it shut at the top & front?

How much does the windshield weigh? I guess your winters are cold enough that the "greenhouse effect" will be welcome?

The door will have a gas spring that pushes it out and up. I'm thinking about using a solenoid and a remote switch to open it. :) There will be a latch in the front which will be enough, but I also think I'll try a magnet on the top to keep it from rattling. I already applied a 2mm soft seal around the door opening. I also want to make a rubber lip around the door edge, at least on the top surfaces.

The windshield weighs 1 kg, I think. 2mm acrylic.

:shock:

Looking great! Can't wait to see how it operates!

I'll probably be riding on monday or tuesday. I connected the BBS02. I still need to make a longer wheel sensor cable, but that's easy. It's super noisy inside the cabin when it's running unloaded. I know it's going to be quieter under load though, so I hope it'll be bearable. :) I installed the chain as well. 348 links. I need to install indicator lights before I can ride in traffic, but I don't have the switches yet. I will have to make a temporary solution.

The roof and front windows are in place now and the glue will hopefully be dry tomorrow. It's cold outside at night. I can't wait to see the complete car.

I have been playing with different paint schemes in Paint Shop Pro. Here's the scheme I will most likely choose. Maybe a different color, but these lines.

Some more schemes. Some just for fun.

I don't think I've ever been as excited to see what happens when a build is finished as I am with this one! Absolutely amazing work. I like the red color scheme with the Z logo.

I like the second one. But it looks like it needs this on it:

(will edit in pic when i find it, but would be of the moonbase alpha "patch" logo or the screens from commstations).

amberwolf said:
I like the second one. But it looks like it needs this on it:
(will edit in pic when i find it, but would be of the moonbase alpha "patch" logo or the screens from commstations).

Was Space 1999/ Moonbase Alpha on TV in Norway? ... are you as old as Amberwolf and I am?

I like the 2nd one best also, except I don't like the little vertical bar on the tailfin. I would make a little bar on the bottom of the tailfin that echos the curve at the front where the paint line drops down for the front window.
But the bright red Z would be a lot more visible.

I'm 36, but I think I would really like that show.

It's out of the garage now. My cables won't be here until thursday. The local sports store doesn't have any cables. The closest bike store is too far away for me to bother riding there. Maybe I can drive there tomorrow or next week.

You could paint it gunmetal on top and white underneath like airwolf? 8)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airwolf

Back