Q100 Washer, Slotted Washer, Nut Order??

majornelson

100 W
I should know this but I don't. :shock:

Installing a Cute Q100 on the front. I have a washer, a slotted washer (basically a washer with a bump) and the nut. I know where the nut goes... please no jokes! ;)

It looks like the slotted washer goes on the outside of the fork and then the washer and then the nut. For some reason, I don't think this correct but it certainly fits well.

Thx!

Normally the anti-rotation washers go on the inside of the drop-out. If you have a disk brake, first you have to get the disk in line with the caliper. The caliper can slide from side to side a bit if you loosen the screws. The idea is to use the various washers to get the disk in the right alignment, tighten the nut on that side, and then look to see what washers etc you need ti get the anti-rotation washer against the drop-out on the other side.

If you have rim brakes, you just put the anti rotation washers on each side and slide everything into your forks. Then you check whether the rim is central. If not, you can add and remove washers and shift one of the anti-rotation washers outboard to centralise the wheel.

If you have dimples (lawyers lips) on your dropouts mahe sure that any nuts or washers fit in the dimple. Any overlapping of the dimple will break the drop-out when you tighten the nut.

Back