Question about programming infineons with parameter designer

Philistine

100 kW
I have a mate who is running 12S, on a 12 Fet controller (Lyen, programmable), currently programmed at 40amps, running a 9C 9x7. He wants to get some more top speed, apart from changing wind/wheel or adding more volts, is there anything in terms of programming his controller he can do to increase top speed? I have read somewhere people talking about the relationship between phase and battery amps, and how certain combos can add or limit top speed. Would it increase his top speed if he set the programmed "speed 1,2,3 etc." to 120%? would that actually increase his top speed?

Yes, 120% has increased my top speed on both my lyen 12fet, and my lyen 18fet. I generally only hit that speed switch once up to "normal" top speed, and even then not for a long time. I've heard its bad for the fets, but haven't heard of anyone having a failure due to that. I'm not sure how the phase/battery factor may affect top speed, as I really haven't played with it. I just go with the flow and use 2.5 times the battery current.

Thanks guys, last night we reprogrammed his controller using Ampazas XPD program, and set the speed to 121%, and my mate says it has added a few km/hr to his top speed, which is awesome. The XPD program is straightforward to use, and worked flawlessly.

Back