• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Quick question about shunt mods/ programing Lyen controller.

Ive been running a a 1000 watt - 48 volt hub motor for several years , using a Lyen EC-124110LD programable controller which was preset by Lyen to work with my lifepo4 - 20/ah - 48 volt battery.. ..and I think the controller was set to deal with 20 amps continous .

I purchased a new lifepo4 battery with a higher rating of

Max. discharging current: 60Amp
* Max Continuous Discharging Amperage: 40 Amps
* Rated Discharging Amperage: 30 Amps

If I want to benefit from this new batteries higher discharging amp output , all I have to do is reprogram my Lyen controller , therefore it makes no sense to mess with doing a shunt mod on the Lyen controller ?

If so, then I should reprogram the lyen controller to 100 amp phase current and 40 amp rated current and what size fuse should I put inline for protection ?

Was able to speak to Lyen today . The customer service he provides is above and beyond anything I have experienced. He spent 20 minutes on the phone with me, and did a remote view of my computer to fix a issue with the programming software so my lyen controller could be easily reprogrammed. Anyone that is new to ebiking and controllers should consider buying a controller from Lyen if you desire top notch customer service after your purchase.

Back