Qulbix Q76R Frame Kits & Complete Bikes PRE-ORDER

I just grabbed some from Clark rubber. They sell high density rubber mats that you can cut for the bottom/ top of the frame. It's sold by the sheet, half and quarter sheet.Think they are 10mm thick. They also sell an adhesive backed high density sheet that is 3mm. I reckon it will be perfect for the side panels to stop any slip in the frame

@Offroader: do you have any concerns about the nuts inside the frame for the plate covers? Do you think the battery will rub against those?

@icherouveim : thanks for the input, I'll look into this!

Envoyé de mon XT1092 en utilisant Tapatalk

I have been trying to contact Qulbix (info@quilbix.com), but they do not seem to respond. Has anyone recently made a successful order with them?

TheBMallory said:
@Offroader: do you have any concerns about the nuts inside the frame for the plate covers? Do you think the battery will rub against those?

No because the foam keeps the battery far away from any of the bolts. That is why I lined the battery all around with foam and especially the bottom, there is no way it could ever contact any of those bolts. Without foam, yes it would hit the screws, especially the ones at the bottom.

Lurkin said:
Whereabouts do you get the foam from? is it fire resistant?

The foam I bought is called NSI Minicell foam.

It has a 2 pound per cubic foot density.

It is used a lot for seats for a canoe or kayak, so it should be available everywhere.

I paid $15 for a square foot at 3". Shop around as the prices vary.

You want 3" and can even go a little wider than 3" width to work easily with the Q76R frame, but you could get other sizes and cut them up, just will be more work to shape it.

Here is a link as an example,

http://store.noc.com/minicell-foam-3--thick/002-100404/product
http://www.clcboats.com/shop/products/boat-building-supplies-epoxy-fiberglass-plywood/kayak-seats-foam/minicell-closed-cell-foam.html

zooz said:
I have been trying to contact Qulbix (info@quilbix.com), but they do not seem to respond. Has anyone recently made a successful order with them?

Give it a little time. I think Ziva has been pretty busy recently as there was a bit of delay recently.

Alternatively you can ring Qulbix...

sry to say: but qulbix is way after that "beta-stadium" lets see if we can make business selling DIY Frames....

But getting an answer is 90% of trying a pita. Not acceptable in my opinion.

Yes, you want THAT Frame....you have to Play this game. All i want to say: it sucks for a company like Qulbix only having "Zeva" to answer international Emails.

Sure you get an answer, sure you get your frame. But Service is Luck......like dealing with earlier Adaptto guys.

Well, what do you expect? Is is always like this when working with Eastern Europe or Kina. Actually, almost every small to medium sized companies that do DIY products are like this. Sure, there is a few exceptions but it feels like 50/50.
Hell, even Stealth in Australia can be tricky. Promise 4 Weeks delivery but goes into 4 month period sometimes.

I bet that they have growing pains, they have to much to do with to little staff.

zooz said:
I have been trying to contact Qulbix [(info_AT_quilbix.com)], but they do not seem to respond. Has anyone recently made a successful order with them?

I suspect getting an answer will not take less time in the future when putting their mailadress in plain text on a forum. All the spam bots of the world will collect that email within days/weeks/months and Qulbix inbox will be fuller then ever :wink:

macribs said:
zooz said:
I have been trying to contact Qulbix [(info_AT_quilbix.com)], but they do not seem to respond. Has anyone recently made a successful order with them?

I suspect getting an answer will not take less time in the future when putting their mailadress in plain text on a forum. All the spam bots of the world will collect that email within days/weeks/months and Qulbix inbox will be fuller then ever :wink:

Do you seriously believe in what you just said? :) Do you still think that spam bots still work that way?

Allex said:
Well, what do you expect? Is is always like this when working with Eastern Europe or Kina. Actually, almost every small to medium sized companies that do DIY products are like this. Sure, there is a few exceptions but it feels like 50/50.
Hell, even Stealth in Australia can be tricky. Promise 4 Weeks delivery but goes into 4 month period sometimes.

I bet that they have growing pains, they have to much to do with to little staff.

maybe...but iam not the only one who know some basic customer / IT / Internet stuff?

for example: take a free open source ticket system. customer gets immediately answer that his email arrived.
status updates about his ticket...
how many "email traffic" is gerenrated while "customers" have to ask back about an answer?
If i had an delay because my only english speaking Ziva is ill.....make an info on your website:
We are a bit in delay of our work. Answer can take about a week.
sry for that. we do all best supporting before and after buying a qulbix product.

is not that hard :wink:

to be honest. i emailed and asked about delivery time of the 76R. As i got no answer, My "Elmoto" Project starts and i give my money to a swedish guy :mrgreen:

Qulbix will eventually get back to you. They have always been delayed like this from the beginning. Someone a while back said it depends on the day of the week as they only check emails on certain days.

Finally got my battery built, just need to add balance wires but I'll wait for that.

Charging that battery at 1 amp per cell raised the temp over 10 degrees F which was surprising. Hopefully it doesn't get too hot in use.

Cleaned the bottom bracket with a wire brush, it works really well, was surprised just how much stuff was in the threads. A must if you don't want any issues when installing your bottom bracket.

I also will use zinc anti seize which is best for aluminum bottom bracket into steel for the dissimilar metals.

Update, finally took my bike for the first short ride tonight after getting it almost completed.

Again, exceeded my expectations. The bike is much more agile than the 165, feels much better balanced. The skinny and lower frame allows much more maneuverability. Turning radius with dual crown fork is much better, I couldn't hit the frame with the fork when turning while riding slow.

Skinny and low frame bike is definitely the way to go, especially if you like doing tricks or need an agile bike for city traffic. Your knees also won't hit the frame on this bike if you like to pedal.

I think because the battery is so tight and centered inside the frame it makes the whole bike feel more solid than the raptor 165.

I went from 18s to 20s, and not changing anything in my Max-E, bike is much more powerful. I assume this has to do partly with the 17 lbs less weight, but also the increase from 18s to 20s.
I was worried there would be lots of sag with the 3500 MAH 18650 cells, but I don't see it, bike seems more powerful and I have a higher top speed. Max KW in max-E went from 7.2 KW to 7.8 KW with the Q76R new battery pack.

For looks, couldn't be happier. The bike has a very cool futuristic look to it, I give Qulbix lots of credit for keeping up the innovation and the looks. Everything was upgraded from the raptor 165. I can see all the updates Qulbix did with this bike to make it better and lighter.
I really like the Gray / Black. Nothing looks cheap on the frame, looks very high quality. Bike looks very small, and looks much more like a bicycle compared to my raptor 165. Amazing how much smaller it looks, yet it is more powerful and much more range than my raptor 165.

One thing I was really worried about is the comfort of the new motorcycle seat. Because it is much smaller than the raptor 165's seat, and almost narrow like a bicycle seat at the end, I was worried it wouldn't be comfortable. But so far it seems very comfortable, although, maybe not as comfortable as the 165 because that was so wide. However, I think I prefer the Q76r seat because it allows more maneuverability with the skinny bike.

I didn't ride long enough to fully test out the capacity of my 3.5 KW pack. It is more then powerful enough, but can it give me the range I want. I am a bit worried about how hot this pack will get and if it can give me the range I want.

Extremely happy with the upgrade from my Raptor 165, which I considered a very good bike. The Q76R is much better in almost every way.

And it can hold 280 18650 cells, for one massive battery pack so you don't have to give up range or power with this frame.

Offroader, looks like you are running the drop out re-enforcement brackets. What width swing arm did you go for and what motor have you bolted up to it? I am hoping that they will fit on a 165mm drop out width and a Cro V3

Quokka said:
Offroader, looks like you are running the drop out re-enforcement brackets. What width swing arm did you go for and what motor have you bolted up to it? I am hoping that they will fit on a 165mm drop out width and a Cro V3

Actually I'm not running those brackets. I have a 165mm dropouts with a cromotor v3. I don't think you can use the dropout reinforcement brackets with the Cromotor V3, because the axle length is to short. Unless you didn't use the axle nuts.

I assume you mean these

dropout-reinforcements.1_t.jpg

I haven't yet put the stickers on, maybe tomorrow, but here is the completed bike without stickers.

Rear tire is a 17" 3.00. But because of adjustable suspension bottom bracket height is around 14.2".

Don't mind the duct tape on the seat, I dropped the bike inside my garage while working on it and it fell right into an exposed bolt on some equipment. Put a rip in the seat, I will have to get some kind of patch kit.

Rear tire is a 17" 3.00. But because of adjustable suspension bottom bracket height is around 14.2".
Damn I should have thought of that in order to get more "hmmpf"! Didn't think about the adjustable height. Is the front wheel 26''?

it looks nice and great job for the battery^^
after seeing these pics i need to figure out what motor could be added to the swingarm for a high power middrive :twisted:
offroader, could you please measure the distance between tire and frame?

madin88 said:
it looks nice and great job for the battery^^
after seeing these pics i need to figure out what motor could be added to the swingarm for a high power middrive :twisted:
offroader, could you please measure the distance between tire and frame?

Sure, just mark with one of my photos at which locations you need measurements for.

Thanks, battery is very secure. The only thing is I wish I had a little padding on the very bottom where the battery rests. After pushing the battery into the foam, I can't move it forward any because the battery is completely surrounded by the foam and it is very tight. I actually have to press the battery in slowly with my knees. The battery is so big that the resistance from the foam is very high.

There is absolutely no movement in the battery, but at the very bottom the weight may be distributed on only a few cells. I don't know if those cells can deform with time. I pushed in cut glue sticks between the few cells at the bottom to stress relieve on those cells. I think an 18650 cell may be very strong from compression and the foam and suspension should limit the forces on those cells so I should be OK.

Back