Race across CR

it's a 4 day non-powered bicycle race in nov.
bu-ut, just want to spread the word to anyone who might like to do 'The Draper' & crash the party by shadowing along behind, ponder the creator, eat their delicious food & so forth.

http://larutadelosconquistadores.co...-frontpage&catid=48:general&Itemid=96&lang=en

it been almost 10 yrs since Randy's humiliating defeat of his ebike by the leg power of Team Mavic.
this would make a good yardstick if any gains have been made in the intervening decade.
Even if there's no official recognition by race organizers, i can't imagine the roads will be closed off to the general public for anyone that just happens to being going the same way. innocenti.gif

I've built my bike to where I may be able to ride the routes of my local race, the tour of the Gila, but I'd never keep up for that distance on those mountain stages. By my rough calculations, you'd need a blower cooled motor and about 100 ah of lifepo4, or battery changes. With my batteries, to make the distance I have to travel quite slow.

Blows my mind how far, how fast, how steep those guys can ride!

Hmmmmm.... How stealth can you build an ebike, and still compete with race roadies? How many Ah of batteries can you conceal in a backpack? :twisted: This is my kinda fun!

Surprsied John in CR hasn't seen/commented on this yet? You would be up for this
or at least a part of it surely John? Blow a few Lycras off while givingone of 'the ladies
of the night' a dinky on the back hehehe...

KiM

yeap, that's who i was kinda aiming this at as he's mentioned attempting an e-XC assault b4.
would guess he must be already aware of the race.
i was just curious if he had plans on tagging along & maybe a progress report on his purpose-built ebike.

Theres also a new member i forget his name now he has 'in CR' after his name same as John also...
He might be another willing 'participant'

I think John is held up with his dually frock motored bike at the moment because of issues
with getting the Methods Infineons cranking properly? Hopefully
he will have it sorted soon though and some nice vids of the bike in actions, should be a
a goer with those B.I.G.C.O.C.K Kilt motors :mrgreen:

KiM

Batteries aren't there yet, though I've entertained the idea of e-assisted tours similar in nature. It would require a fairly serious cyclist type to give it a go with electric assist, and at 240lb I'm definitely not in that class. IOW, I have no interest in a fail. Look how short that TTXGP race is, and those guys are the tops in the 2 wheel electric field, and you want me to try a multi-day torture test off road and across mountains.

I'm not even in the E-bike class, yet.
Been too busy sawing logs and building my Wind generator. Wife got hurt, helping me move the mill, so, had her in the Clinic, yesterday, getting meds to relieve the bruised ribcage and swollen fingers.

DID get the wooden dam nearly finished, for the Hydro project.

Just too many things going on, fer me to get involved in a Bike build.

Back