Recommend me a ebike kit

besseruud

1 mW
hello . im looking for a fast ebike kit . maybe a 96v or72v with the best/fastest hub engine . can somone here recommend me a good controller an engine ?

thanks for help

No kit I know of for 40 mph. But there is a standard recipe for a 40 mph bike for short rides. Just about any direct drive motor, 12 fet controller from Lyens, see for sale new, and 72v 10 ah of hobby king lipo. ( 8, 5s 5000 mha packs)

If you want a more robust setup for more than 5-10 miles, then look into Greyborg. Zombies is the USA dealer. Then go get $$.

Which continent are you on anyway, Greyborg is in Croatia I believe.

the greyborg motor should do it just fine.
the Crystalyte 54xx should too.

But these do not come in kits. They are not for beginners either. You need to know what you are doing and have a bicycle that can handle those speeds. Many can't. I hope you've done your research.

im looking for somthing like this ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5qqNMfIZe8&feature=related

If you're after the fastest, I can easily speak on behalf of the entire forum and echo exactly what the previous two posters said:

Do a lot of research on the forum before making any rash decisions. The high speed motors require good components to prevent ouchies.

besseruud said:
im looking for somthing like this ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5qqNMfIZe8&feature=related

That's Doctorbass's video. he holds the record for fastest ebike, or did. (does he still?)

You will never get that in a kit. you will spend many thousands of dollars before you get something that fast. And you will likely be dead before you get there unless you have the electrical and mechanical skills to prepare a bike for those speeds.

So can you fab your own frame? Machine your own parts? Build your own wheel? Design your own electronics?
If not, start with the basics and learn. Basic kit does 20. tweak it to go 30.

You need a Greyborg or Crystalyte 54XX motor for that.
Before you jump off the deep end, you might want to give this thread a quick read so you know what you're getting yourself into:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36830

keysersoze310 said:
You need a Greyborg or Crystalyte 54XX motor for that.
Before you jump off the deep end, you might want to give this thread a quick read so you know what you're getting yourself into:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36830

yes I am aware that there is no "kit" should have been clearer in this in my first post.
Yes I thought to get a crystalyte 5303 and a controller that can handle between 70 to 120 v've heard something about lion cotroller? thought further to perhaps go for the A123 battery

Now the aim is not necessarily 106km / h but at least 80-90 km / h

Still pretty damn hard to recomend a vendor to you, when we have no clue what continent you live on.

5303 crystalyte is only avaliable on the used market. It's not produced anymore. 5400 series motors have been avaliable in special buys, and Greyborg is about to market his hubzilla in the USA.

But as said above, you might want to learn to walk before you start to run. It's not just bolt on a 5hp + motor to the bike and ride off into the sunset. Chances are, first run your bike goes one way, the motor takes off on it's own. As it leaves the bike, it tears the wiring, shorting the controller. That was fun, lasted .5 seconds and only cost me $1000.

Or, you could start with an ordinary kit, RC lipo battery, and 30 mph. (edit) Ah, I see now that you did that.

If that isn't a disaster with the bike you chose, then start building your improved torque plates, and bump to 72v and join the 40 mph club.

If not in the hospital yet, you might then have the knowledge to get into the 50 mph club with a bigger motor, and so on.

The thing is this, there is absolutely no way on earth any production bicycle is made for a 5 hp motor. So you make one wrong choice, you leave your teeth on the pavement. I strongly recomend you stay sub 40 mph unless you have superb motorcycle riding skills. You got a 50 mph laydown in your bag of tricks yet? You may need it to save your life.

LegendLength said:
If you're after the fastest, I can easily speak on behalf of the entire forum and echo exactly what the previous two posters said:

Do a lot of research on the forum before making any rash decisions. The high speed motors require good components to prevent ouchies.

I concur..I done of a lot of data mining on ES before I committed to a build, just completed my first build using a DH MTB with the Crystalyte HS3540 / Crystalyte 72v-45amp controller / 8 - 5s1p 5000mah lipo, this set up will not reach your required performance, but is good performance 'out the box' for a 'starter' on the E-Bike building.
If you go the Lipo route, really gen up on Lipo's if you have had no experience of using lipo cells, they do require respect. Loads of info on ES.

All the best.

Tony

Back