Riding Leathers

If it's hot where you live synthetic with lots of vents and padding where needed is best.
If it's cold where you live leather keeps the wind out but is not nice if it gets wet.
Leather is crap when hot and un zipping the front just invites bees and other stinging nasties and does little to cool you down.
The colour is immaterial, cars don't see you. You are invisible. Ride with that in mind and you will survive.
Start thinking you have rights and you are dead. Pretty simple really.

I bought a half dozen different jackets on closeouts here http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/jackets_and_vests/
Best deals and great it information. Leather sucks for most riding. Sure it looks cool but unless the jacket is designed for riding it will never fit quite right. I have ridding specific leathers and dress leathers. They are not and were never my go to gear. Great for the motorcycle pirate or squid look but the better textile provide fabulous protection and are available with all sorts of options. Zip out liners, mesh configurations, zip fit and snap sleeves adjustments, excellent armor, along with lots of venting options. Best of all many a waterproof for those daily commuters. Sadly their is no decent head gear generally available. Bike helmets do little to [protect the parts of our faces with high probability of damage, jaws and teeth.

Regular price of $900.00 is the sucker price for that jacket. It was never $900. At best it is a $300 jacket and Wilson's is at the bottom of the line quality wise. I don't know what size you are but since I was a motorcycle racer, I know the value of a good leathers and would never never never never buy leathers off-the-shelf.

The absolute best leathers that you can have made are from Z-custom in California. I highly recommend them after trying many different leathers from all the companies and having many made from plenty of others as well; I stick with Z-custom. I think you will be surprised at just how affordable custom leathers are. When you put it on, it fits PERFECT! not tight here and loose there, or the arms are too short etc. - Perfect.

A Black leather jacket from Z-custom is less than $550.00 and it will be a much higher quality than Wilson's and will last for years. I still have my first set of leathers even though I can't fit in them any more. They seem to have shrunk in the mid-section area - ahem.

Go to where the racers go. I slid over 100 feet at about 80 mph and my ass got hot but I sustained no injuries. The leather that they use is that good.

Go to http://www.zcustom.com/

Yep, leather or nylon, fit matters more than anything.

That's why regular leather jackets ( like a stylish bomber jacket) suck for anything but having your arms hang straight down. The big armpit hole helped fix that.

I got lucky and eventually grew into fitting a standard large pretty good, but I still find items with arms too short. If you are at all funny shaped, then the custom tailored stuff would be worth the extra.

I just bought this for 66au$ second hand with lots of vents and an inner sleeve cause my 30 yo wax cotton doesn't fit anymore, not for e bike intended though

Attachments

• jjr$_57jr.jpg
    jjr$_57jr.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 627
Back