running CA setup utility on linux

oldwahoo54

10 W
Wondering if anyone has this working.

I installed v1.05 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. supl.bin is in the data subfolder with execute permission. I got the proper cable from ebikes.ca. Linux can see the cable according to lsusb. When I try to get settings off of the CA the select com port dialog box comes up. I push Refresh and after awhile, an error box come up saying it couldn't find anything.

thoughts?

If worst comes to worst, maybe you can try w.i.n.e. (windows emulator program) or get an old laptop and install windows on it.

it works fine on my arch laptop. I sometimes have trouble writing back settings.
if you have com port permission problems running the windows version under wine wont help
make sure your user has permission for the "virtual com port" by adding it to the dialout group

check if you have the device /dev/ttyUSB0
check group permissions on device
sudo chmod a+rw /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyUSBX whatever the name is. check the kernel log
to add read and write permissions to device for group if missing

try running the program as root if all failes.

I had added $USER to the dialout group, but apparently I needed to reboot for the change to take effect. At least, I was able to download the settings. Haven't tried uploading yet.

Back