russian recumbent ebiker - FASr7

Hey FASr7, I try to keep up on your forum thread...

It looks like you did 117km averaging 40kph and using 50Ah? Wow, Congratulations!
index.php

Yes, this right. 117km at 40kph average speed.
Low power consumption taken by very slow cruise speed in winter mode (46...50kph).
In close future voltage will be increased to 70+V, and speed too :)

from may2010 to march2011 passed total 5400km.

That is a seriously impressive piece of design and development FASr7 - I like everything about it, it's focused & well made & I particulrly like the aerodynamics.
I have to agree with those who think you'll be visiting the hospital soon I'm afraid.... it's clear from the commute video that you bounce off and slide along the sides of cars all the time!
The crash will be feet first, but I suspect the gonads might be performing much of the energy absorbtion.....
Good luck!
Bob

GCinDC said:
FASr7, any big plans for spring/summer?
Hey GCinDC,

yea - fasR7 have great plans on this summer:

-first of all some dc-dc converters for voltage boost - something like boost switch,
23032011692_re.jpg
-than probably new motor after he`ll fry current one completely(he almost done that before drilling it previous summer :D ),
index.php

index.php

index.php

-and finally he`s planning a new project with a completely new titanium frame and of course new motor(still have not decide will it be x5 or new HS crystalyte)
- I`m thinking about join him and building my own recumbent as well,
so probably many new interesting stuff for this summer :)

btw we are currently testing some new pocket 1kw chargers,
they are like 1.3kg CC\CV 19w per cubic inch - should be good stuff!
DSC04569_resize.JPG
compared to 350w meanwell it`s almost the same size but outputs 1200w using 220v outlet!
Will post a review soon!

stay tuned 8) :D

GCinDC said:
andreym said:
new range record!!! 125,4 km @ 51Ah
That's incredible! How many stops? What time of day?

Bravo!

PS What voltage? 10s10p?
i believe it`s 12s12p
the ah and wh data is real measured
and as far as he charges only to 4.13-4.15v per cell and usually do not dischage lower than 3,6v per cell it is only about 90% max usable capacity available.

so nominal it should be 60ah.

I believe you could count stops at the map(points A, B, ... etc.) if not to count Stop-lights :)

NOT traffic jams in Moscow :D it is a holiday. http://narod.ru/disk/11034403001/FILE0016.MOV.html
warning, not edited and not compressed video, as is.

Very nice to ride along the car free Sadovoe ring of Moscow.
[youtube]64EXvV-eRlU[/youtube]

I had a little three day ride. only 460km :D
fas_lig_DerDacha_all.jpg

at each point (A,B,C,D,E,F) full charging was done. points B,D,F are the same position - my work, and A,G also - my home.

day 1. total day range 129km fas_lig_toDacha2.jpg
here is evening commute (B-C) statistics.
fas_lig_toDacha1.jpg
where first line is movement time and its average driving speed, second line is total trip time and its average speed, third line is time of start and distance.

day 2. morning commute (C-D) statistics with 24min breakfast pitstop fas_lig_fromDacha1.jpg
evening commute (D-E) statistics fas_lig_toDer2.jpg
total day range fas_lig_toDer1.jpg

day 3. morning commute (E-F) statistics with help of wind fas_lig_fromDer1.jpg

last 30km to home in the evening is not logged, because this route is too usual. :D

Nice three days! What are the specs on your charger?

Also, I see in this closeup that this display is of your own design??? It's hard for me to understand, but looks pretty impressive. Have you been asked to make others/sell them?

GCinDC said:
Nice three days! What are the specs on your charger?

Also, I see in this closeup that this display is of your own design??? It's hard for me to understand, but looks pretty impressive. Have you been asked to make others/sell them?
FASr7 and myself are using the same PSU-s for charging
I got couple of them from e-bay and here is some more details http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26039&start=15#p384738
The only difference is mine trimmed to 41.7 to charge as 10S and FASr7 has 12S configuraton so his one have 49.7 or so for about 4.15 per cell.
They are great psu-s for their weight and power(outputs 25-29apms) and weight only 1.27kg

btw if I`m not mistaken, your friend dbaker got couple of those PSU-s when they were available at ebay, so probably he could share one with you for testing.
He told me he`ll write about how it works from 110v outlet.

some videos from witness:
[youtube]D82St3AJ6Pw[/youtube]
[youtube]2z6wV0fLbNg[/youtube]
[youtube]3QsFRy3fXys[/youtube]

sk8norcal said:
thankfully he's still alive! :D

Especially riding at night with his own light tube shining directly in his own eyes destroying probably 80% of his ability to see. :mrgreen:

Tons of respect for hardcore commuting in that traffic. Personally I'd risk what many probably consider suicide like he does rather than be stuck in that traffic. That's only if the commute absolutely cannot be avoided. Having no commute or only a very short one is the correct answer.

John

Hi guys! As i can see, you have found two of my videos. Look one more =)

Also, keep the source of 60 fps > download <

[youtube]q8ytyYio2cQ[/youtube]

Back