Safe's Electric Bike Project #001

Status
Not open for further replies.
safe said:
The bike was so shiny when new (5000+ miles ago) but it's starting to get rather grungy. There are some spots of rust here and there too. When I get the new project going (#003) I'm going to have to finally take this bike apart and repaint it. This bike is still running on the stock paint from 2006. :shock:

I have the ability to build more fairings too, so I might radically change the shape and color the next time around. Brighter colors would be nice since my leathers are bright white/blue/black.

Don't change it too much safe, I think it's one of the coolest bikes here, as it is now. 8) A different colour scheme would be good though I agree. :mrgreen:

It has been my "education" on these things.

As a workhorse it's a nice bike... but the top end is limited by it's "missing" fairings and I want to remedy that this summer. I've got the molds for fairings, so I can make as many as I want now. (it's unpleasant work, but it's doable)

Even without gearing the bike higher I want to be able to pull 45 mph in more places. Often I can pull 42 mph somewhere and then just not have enough top end power to go faster because the wind resistance limits me. With better aerodynamics I'll be able to use the top gears more of the time. It will make the bike more efficient since about 75% of the power goes into pushing wind.

For downhills I'm undergeared.

I can pull 55 mph on a downhill, but the no load rpm limits my ability to go any faster. With the right gearing and aerodynamics I should be able to approach 60 mph on a downhill if not beyond (with higher gearing).

New bright colored paint and a "pretty dress" will make for a good looking bike. :wink:

Faster Than Fahrenheit

Outside temperature on my ride: 34 degrees

Top Speed attained on a downhill: 48 mph

...I was faster than the temperature.

(I wonder what the wind chill must have been :shock: )

But it was a sunny day at least, so it wasn't so bad...

I just passed 5,706 miles today... :)

I'm getting close to that "One Trillionth of a Light Year" distance...

(5,878,630,000,000 miles per light year... so 5,879 miles)

Which means I only have 173 miles to go... 8)

So if I ride the same distance a trillion more times it's a full light year. Hmmmm... a trillion is a big number. (unless it's dollars in which case we can throw that around with ease :lol: )

End of day... 5,722 miles. :)

I just passed 5,806 miles today... :)

Warm weather for the last few days... that changes tomorrow. :(

76 miles to "One Trillionth of a Light Year". :D

Safe get banned again?

...and where is Reid Welch?

Unfortunately yes, unlike a handful of people here that get to say and do as they please
while (some) of the twits that run this site turn a blind eye safe gets banned soon as he speaks
out.. GREAT way to run a site isnt it YPedal ...

You can follow his worklog here

Can't help with Reidy though, might have drowned in the pool maybe? hopefully he hasn't
got a recurrence of the disease that struck him down before :-S

KiM

Ypedal said:
Kim.. you have no idea if this is truely how you feel. :(
See a pattern ?

HAHAHAHA...here we frocking go...Certainly do i see you sit back doing sweet frock all EVERY TIME your pal TylerDurden, EMF and Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh start laying into people on this site because someone has a differing opinion to them, whether that person is right or wrong they should'nt have to sit back and take the abuse from these morons why don't you just make them moderators and be done with it they run the place now might as well make it official... this thread is a perfect example hardly a page goes by without one of these three twits stepping in and abusing and belittling safe, he may be right he maybe wrong this is irrelevant, comments can be made without personal attacks. NOT ONCE have i seen you do a damn thing about it, your as bad as your little pals. I am a member on more than a dozen forums a moderator on two of them and have NEVER seen such biased behavior from staff on a site as i do here. ...Its YOU pal that has no idea... I have only stayed till now in appreciation for several members here that have helped me with my own project, i felt the worklog deserved to be finished for those that have been invaluable in the build, now its all but done i have no oblation to hang around and watch your 'epic fail' attempt at running a forum...I used to recommend people join up here, i would be embarrassed to now. Good Game pal give yourself a BIG pat on the back...

KiM

There is a noteworthy distinction to be made between people who are banned and the ones who are not: the ones who are not can take a hint.

Safe was given an undeserved second chance (by Ypedal), which he used to berate the moderators in the same way aussiejester persists in doing.

Since safe is no longer a member, it would be prudent to lock his threads and any members who wish to discuss his demise can start new threads on the matter (as has been done before).

And on cue the head offender himself ::clap clap clap:: I assume the thread will be locked now as you suggested it BIG surprise there :: shock:: ...OH and my bad, i forgot you and your arrogant pals are the only ones allowed to speak out against other members my apologies....i shall sit back and and take it like YPedal does, do nothing and agree with everything you say as you are so wise and knowledgeable Mr TylerDurden SIR :: bows:: .... :: rolls eyes::

AussieJester said:
I have only stayed till now in appreciation for several members here that have helped me with my own project, i felt the worklog deserved to be finished for those that have been invaluable in the build, now its all but done i have no oblation to hang around and watch your 'epic fail' attempt at running a forum...

A bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy: Take swings at the mods and then cry foul, run off or persist in insults until banned....

Be seeing you.

Fine for you to take swings but nobody else can, i see... I have already asked for my account to be deleted months
ago he wasn't even able to manage that ... Wanna have another shot at YPedal, if yo can pull TD off your knob long enough
wouldnt want to put you out or anything.

Assiejester's parting gift
Quote "Hey di..he.....do i have to get fletcher to delete my account, or are you able to manage it this time?
Give it a go im sure you can if you try...

Grow some frocking balls and stand up for yourself princess...

Good riddance to you and you and your arrogant asshole mates..""

Have it your way.. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back