SALE HK Multistar | 6S 5.2ah $27.99 - 4S 5.2ah $20

FYI - cheap price.

$20.09 SALE
Original $39.88
4S 5200mAh
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__66476__Multistar_High_Capacity_4S_5200mAh_Multi_Rotor_Lipo_Pack_AR_Warehouse_.html
56840.jpg

$27.99 SALE
Original $27.99
6S 5200mah
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__66477__Multistar_High_Capacity_6S_5200mAh_Multi_Rotor_Lipo_Pack_AR_Warehouse_.html
56841.jpg

I like these sales and typically only buy when these sales are on and stock up. I got the 6S of course :)

Did you order some?
I tried, a few hours ago but kept getting a "Can't ship to your country" message.
From USA Warehouse to USA delivery address..
Customer service online chat couldn't help.

Hmm. Weird.
I initially tried ordering 20, then cut it down to ten, then cut it down to five, changed back and forth between USPS and UPS, but all combinations failed. I saw no point in trying to order one or two at a time, since the shipping and handling charges would be too high.

I tried a different browser, and it allowed me to order eight of them.
Must have been a cache problem with the old browser that gave the error even when I reduced it to five battery packs.

correct me if I am wrong but in 12S : YES; My max amp draw in 12S is around 27A.

10C (C-rating and not C rate) means that you can discharge the pack without damaging it by multiplying the Amps of the pack by the C-rating which is for a 5200mAH pack 5.2Ax10 which equals to 52 amps with a 20C in burst 10 sec... far enough for my ride!

Njakts said:
Is 10c (20c max) sufficient?

Depends on what you are powering: a 250 watt pedal assist bike or a 500 watt skateboard on mostly flat ground or, like me, a Cromotor hauling a fat guy up steep hills with little pedaling.
I'll be paralleling at least four sets to safely provide the power and range I need .

it depends on your set-up but I've read you want batteries with a minimum of 100 amp draw possible because that's what your motor will draw. These batteries are rated only 10c and they hugely exaggerate at hobbyking and that's likely way off as someone wrote already. You'd have to build a large pack to be able to produce the amps needed without damaging the cells and having a short battery life. Or even worse things could happen maybe.

that being said I have 4 of these 4s packs with 6600mah if someone is interested. was going to use them for an 8s esc but it blew up and don't want to run only on 4s with them in parallel.

I'm not preaching, and I did try them. If you run one of these packs with 6s at 5.2 and 10c... you're battery would be intended for only using 52 amps, and that's if hobbyking were honest. Ultimately you will have less power and when you are using full power youre damaging your batteries.

yeah, but with a 12S setup on an esk8; you draw less amps which get this value a good compromise ? right ? got like max 24 or 27 amps with my 12S 4AH 32/14T - 90mm wheels - 63mm motors dual ESC

maybe. it got a 20c burst rating and that's 100 amps and maybe people's system doesn't hit that, maybe it does. And that's if hobbyking weren't full of it. Ive read they overrate their batteries by a large margin. I'm not preaching my own philosophy here this is widely believed

here's a true test of c rating based on the internal resistance of the pack:
http://www.jj604.com/LiPoTool/

you do need a charger that has an Ir test or some other way to test

But as I say I got them too and will be seeing how they do! :twisted: they have no glue between the cells and I splayed the 4s into 2s stacks easily.. without blowing up.

I also just got four to run in series of the rediculously expensive :

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=24310

See how they compare

The batteries are 6 or 4 cells, held together by big heatshrink...
Carefully cut the wrapper and don't cut the cells.. The cells will be only held together by the aluminum strips that carry electricity (delicate)

Flatten how you like and don't stress the connections... Consider adding heatshrink, hot glue, or maybe epoxy for strain relief especially if you plan on handling them.

Back