Sevcon gen4 72/80v 350a 5 flashes and cant seem to connect to dvt

benlucas32

1 µW
Hi I am totally new to sevcon and this is my 2nd ev project iv recently brought a sevcon gen4 350a 72/80v controller and it came with a ixxat USB to CAN and a USB stick. USB stick wouldn't work on my PC so I download and brought license from electric engineering.

when I plug ixxat in and open up dvt I get a flash red light on ixxat adapter. Iv Also tied different hz.
I also have a green flashing light on sevcon controller seems like 1 long flash 5 short.

If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated i think iv searched every forum on Google but can't find anything to help me thanks ben

Some questions and thoughts:

Did the system ever work, or has it been this way since arrival after purchase? Was it new, or used? (used items often come unadvertisedly preinstalled with ProblemList v2.43)

Was it purchased with the motor, battery, control inputs, and other hardware it's paired with, or come preprogrammed for it? (Sevcons require significant setup and programming to "know" what to do with everything, and if it thinks different things should be attached than are, it may report problems and not operate; this includes which battery voltage it is connected to, what kind of control inputs, contactors, etc)).

Does the flashing light occur the same regardless of connections to the controller, or activity you are doing at the time? If not, what does it do in other situations, and what are the specifics of each situation including this one?

What does the manual that came with the controller say for the flashing light code on it? (Sevcon doesn't provide end-user support, but there should still be a manual for your specific version available from the place that sold it, as these controllers are not useful without a heck of a lot of information to get them going).

What does the manual for the ixxat say for the flashing light on it?

Does the place the license (for ixxat? dvt? ?) was purchased from provide support for that?

There is some info in general searches regarding flashing light codes on sevcons; do any of these match the codes you see under the circumstances you have?

Some questions and thoughts:

Did the system ever work, or has it been this way since arrival after purchase? Was it new, or used? (used items often come unadvertisedly preinstalled with ProblemList v2.43)

Was it purchased with the motor, battery, control inputs, and other hardware it's paired with, or come preprogrammed for it? (Sevcons require significant setup and programming to "know" what to do with everything, and if it thinks different things should be attached than are, it may report problems and not operate; this includes which battery voltage it is connected to, what kind of control inputs, contactors, etc)).

Does the flashing light occur the same regardless of connections to the controller, or activity you are doing at the time? If not, what does it do in other situations, and what are the specifics of each situation including this one?

What does the manual that came with the controller say for the flashing light code on it? (Sevcon doesn't provide end-user support, but there should still be a manual for your specific version available from the place that sold it, as these controllers are not useful without a heck of a lot of information to get them going).

What does the manual for the ixxat say for the flashing light on it?

Does the place the license (for ixxat? dvt? ?) was purchased from provide support for that?

There is some info in general searches regarding flashing light codes on sevcons; do any of these match the codes you see under the circumstances you have?
So controller is said to be new and the guy who sold it to
Me said they changed there plan on there build and ended up going back to a petrol engine so was never programmed. Didn't get any paper work or Manuals with it Light flashes soon as you power it up. And red flashing light on ixxat mean cantus error doesn't tell me what or why there is an error

Also the flash codes from what I looked at don't mean alot to me.

Back