Skat Skateboard - Friction Drive

Seeing how small the foot-thing is, they might just have a momentary switch there, and it'll work too. I have an FSR sensor, so does Kickr.

I'd like to see how it brakes.

EDIT: Ok, so just read the whole thing. They do have momentary switches. Both feet must be on the switches to accelerate. Braking is done by lifting foot on either switches. Acceleration is not really variable like on FSR, you set the max speed with a different switch. It acts more like a cruise-control; kick to desired speed and then cruise. Pretty neat, you can actually call this a push/kick assist e-board.

Yea it look kind of small but so is my banana cruiser but im able to shred it just fine. I take my banana board everywhere. I can imagine lugging around a longboard like stary tho. It looks cool but it's still long as shit. Im still on the border on which one I want to get. I can pretend to be a longboarder and get the bootleg boosted or i can get the skatt and take it anywhere. They are both different and cannot be compared IMHO. Nothing like the skatt ever came up before so I dont know.

They need to provide more details. The low quality images aren't helping their cause either.
A better video of the motor mount construction or some estimation of the voltage/kv/amp specs
would also go a long way. Combined 1200 peak watts is not telling us very much. The Stary Board
creators have 3d rendered images of their in-wheel motors and some spec numbers on the torque
it produces. Skat only shows a bunch of different motors and a gif of the removable battery.
Details! Details! Details!

Back