Source for old green PSI Lifebatt LIFEPO4 batteries?

Deepkimchi

1 kW
Since I retired a few months ago in June, having more time to pursue riding my ebike. I had a set of 2 X 12 40138 green Lifebatts that were stored charged for 6 years. 5 batteries went bad. About 3 leaked, all 5 went low or zero volts.

Looking for a source of the old green 40138 10 ah Lifebatts, need 5 to restore my 2 - 12 battery sets. Don't want the new higher AH sets yet.

Bryan

you should charge the ones you still have up to full charge and then connect them all in series and discharge them into a dummy load like an electric oil bath radiator through a wattmeter so you can determine how much capacity the remaining cans still have. if you have 17 cans now then you should make a 16S battery from them and use the extra one to cover for the one you cull for low capacity or high internal resistance. the high internal resistance can will stand out during the discharge by the big voltage drop across it and it will consistently show the lowest cell voltage.

Have a charger for 36 V, didn't want to buy another. The remaining cells seemed to have held their voltage. One set at 3.31-32, other set at 3.27 V. These old cells just don't exist anymore?

Back