Specialized Stumpjumper FSR / Yescom+LiPo POV Camera

markw

10 W
Hey ES!

Just uploaded a video to youtube of a recent cruise on the electrostumpy. Recorded with a gopro hero3+ black at 1080. Tested out some new fenders and mumbled about stuff I still need to do. Very impromptu but also pretty fun video packed with beautiful scenes of portland maine in late october... golden trees and leaves everywhere. Thanks for watching!

[youtube]igFRAHdWqJw[/youtube]

nice! pretty quick eh?

going to up the voltage now? I used to run 20s then i went to 18s then down to 15s, and I'm happy. Its good middle ground between the basic 48v and 72v+

1KW said:
nice! pretty quick eh?

going to up the voltage now? I used to run 20s then i went to 18s then down to 15s, and I'm happy. Its good middle ground between the basic 48v and 72v+

The HVC on the stock yescom controllers prevent me from playing around with higher voltages at the moment. It would really add some pepper to the bike with 20s instead of 15s... so yeah it's on my radar. I think the order of modifications from here out look like this:

Replace F and R rims to accept 2.35 and larger tires (oh god why... anticipating nightmares with this... respoking, truing, dishing, etc. it's some very high level dark arts I know this to be true)
Disc Brakes (possibly just switching the whole kit to a different bike)
Schwalbe Crazy Bobs or a comparable wide tire that would be suitable for dirt as well as road
9 FET 72V Infineon Brushless Controller Lyen (should be okay, right?)
Replace power delivery wires to the motor with 10awg wire
2x more 5s Turnigy ...
Harness modification for both charging and for the controller
Cycle Analyst
Drill out vent holes...
... and the list goes on I'm sure

But... I don't know. I look at that list and while I know the result would ultimately be a pretty fast bike that bafang kits wouldn't compete with (assumption: i haven't done much reading on the subject of high power mid drive setups yet) I kind of wanna just throw my hands into the air and get a bafang 750w kit and overvolt it. I feel like the experience of not having the weight in the rear hub outweighs the power potential for me. Not sure on any of this, I have all winter to hash this out with you guys!

i feel ya. I've been running my kit at 18s, and it has 10awg upgrade WITH vented holes. It still gets scorching hot after 8 miles with my rolling hills. The spokes are getting loose/angled too…definitely in my opinion is sucky. The weight in the rear end kills the ride(dh bike). I want a mid drive from here out, but the bafang doesn't seem powerful enough to compete with a 70v 40 amp kit

Back