Stand Alone Cycle Analyst failure

ferias77

10 W
Hi,

This morning, bad surprise : I take my ebike to go to work. I use a stand alone cycle analyst. Yesterday it worked very well, and this morining it's very strange...
If the power is lower than 50 to 100W, it's ok. If i go over this value, all the parameters (except speed and km) are huge and negative : -2400 to -3400 W, whereas it is normally 300 to 500W.
At the end of the trip, I had these mean parameters :
20.7V (exactly the same value than at the beginning of the trip, but I have made 8km...)
8.999 Wh
-27Ah : négative !!! :?
-999.9Wh/km :roll:

Any idea about this failure? I need your help...

Thanks
Eric

Best to Mail Jason at ebikes.ca directly on that one, unless he spots your thread first

Have you checked the basics? like all connections still secure

What happens if you simply reboot it?

Thanks for your replies. I verified the wiring, and everything is ok. I sent a mail to Justin too.

dogman, what to you mean by "reboot"? Just resetting all the parameters? It does nothing, still the same problem after. Or is is possible to make a "hard" reboot? But I don't find it on the user guide.

I think he must mean just power down and back up again..or maybe he means a full reset. like you do when you recharge..hold down the Right hand button. but keep it held down for more than 6 seconds. Then wait till the owrds Full Reset comes up

If it has been outdoors at lot and got wet often, it could be an internal corrosion problem. maybe worth taking it apart and checking the soldered connections to the board. Though check with Justin first to make sure it does not void any warranty you may have

I tried a reset and a full reset, and the problem is still there.
Yesterday, to go from work to home, it worked normally during 30 sec at the middle of the trip, and then always the same problem... There is a loose contact somewhere. :(

The bike is in my house during the night and in a covered bicycle storage area during the working days. So it can be a little humid but not wet. And i take rarely my bike when it rains.

I hope Justin will help me to solve this problem.

Eric

May be when it it working correctly, slowly start moving the wiring. Hold one end still a nd move another part...to try and determine where the connection problem is

Yo may then find a part of the wire, that always produces the fault when it is moved.

If that does not do anything, I would open it up and look inside,

My CA is repaired ! The wires of the speed sensor were rubing against the PCB, and there was no insulator more on a wire (see the photograph, and sorry for the quality...). It works now perfectly !

Back