Stihl goes Plettenberg.

HAL9000v2.0

10 kW
Yesterday I found out that Stihl (famous chainsaw company) made deal with Plettenberg for purchase of hundreds of thousands pieces of big motors. They are produced in Slovenia by famous electro motor manufacturer Iskra. Also I was looking at prototype battery pack. Guess what is inside... Aaaaa....one, two...
Not much bike related. :D

great idea. thought of it myself. i hate chainsaws, noisy, stinkys, unreliable etc. this will change all that. very nice.

anyone for an htx 80 chainsaw with hv110 or what? would that do it? how much power u need?

About time to start seeing cordless electric chainsaws, now that lipo is so powerfull and cheap.

My weed eater that I have posted on here has has RC gear on it. If I put a metal blade on the thing it has so much power it would cut down small trees no problem.
I have been looking at doing a mower or chain saw as my next project.

2 years ago I cut some wood with a Turnigy Lipo chainsaw, I don´t have pics or video´s right now but there is a guy in this neighboorhod that just replaced the petrol engine with a Turnigy Brushless outrunner ( you know, the big 6,5 kw Hobbyking motor )

added a 6s 5000mah Turnigy and It works really really wonderful !

575ombouw7.jpg

575ombouw6.jpg

Just a few pics.

Hi Folks

These chainsaws are so cool!!!!!
I'am a forestry operator and would be a dream to have a reliable power electric chainsaw....but also this mad-big turnigy motorized husqvarna.....mmmm

But is'nt interesting also for E-bike inentions?

HAL9000v2.0 said:
Yesterday I found out that Stihl (famous chainsaw company) made deal with Plettenberg for purchase of hundreds of thousands pieces of big motors. They are produced in Slovenia by famous electro motor manufacturer Iskra. Also I was looking at prototype battery pack. Guess what is inside... Aaaaa....one, two...
Not much bike related. :D

So what's about Stihl-Plettenberg agreement? Is the new cordless Stihl chainsaw (STIHL MSA 160 C-BQ) plettenberg motorized?

If yes, an interesting reliable complete E-system will be avlaible for 500$ or less without the battery pack, with charger, controller, motor, throttle and a centrifugal clutch to test/mod....

Can't wait to see the stihl-plettemberg device.....there are any news about?

Jules

Back