Storage - Lithium Green cells from AndyH

Deepkimchi

1 kW
Finally got my bike back on the road after being 6 month in Israel. I started to assemble the green (I think PSI cells) I bought from AndyH before at least June 2009. They have been stored in God knows what heat from S Korea to Israel during the shipment in the summer. From about early Oct til now they have been stored at room temperature (in my office).

Results: 12 are still measuring exactly 3.334 Volts, 2 are measuring 3.333 V. Sounds good to me. Used my AMprobe AM-240 digital multi-meter.

Starting to get settled down where I can get back to hobbies. Moving really stinks..

I'll be in Israel at least til 2011. Great weather, nice people..
Will try to get back into the swing of things.

Absolutely - welcome back! I hope your PCS went smoothly!

The cells will lose some capacity from sitting - they could be at about 9.3 to 9.4Ah now. The advice I have from the engineers at PSI is to run the cells thru two gentle cycles - they recommended 1A per cell - to 'wake the cell up'. Capacity may drop a bit more - down to 9.2Ah thru the first 10 cycles. From 10 thru about cycle 120 you'll gain some capacity back to about 9.4 or 9.5. At about cycle 200, the 'aged' cells will join the 'new cell' capacity curve.

I look forward to hearing about riding in Israel!

Andy

So far I have not seen any other electric bikes, just donkeys and camels. Wonder what it would be like hitting a camel on a electric bike..?

Was the same in Korea, only saw 2 electric bikes there, one was on Osan Air base.

Back