Tangent bike vs Cyclone bike

motomoto

1 kW
Just curious how these two bikes would stand up to each other. The Tangent setup is more high dollar but I think the Cyclone
would be faster.

The Tangent has a 3210 Astroflight with Castle Creations HV80 set at 60 amps with a 52 volt battery

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=75045

tangent.jpg

The Cyclone currently has a big Sabvoton controller running 70 amps at 72 volts.

Bike is toward the bottom of the page at:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69867&start=425

giant havoc.jpg

I think is it more about quality of the motor than speed. The tangent will last much longer at very high power levels. The cyclone will break, it is a question of when? Is it during your commute in traffic with a car behind you?

I assume cyclone can be upgraded if something breaks but I would get the tangent instead of the cyclone to save my time and enjoy the ride.

I haven't heard of the 3000 watt Cyclone breaking.

Yes, the mounting system is hokey, but I haven't read about anything breaking.

hi i had ask for some reply in past from you motomoto but to never reply to my Q about astor motors ..

i can tell that Q after i get my new gearbox from dave

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=72499

and yes cyclone can hold alot power once modding i have do it too. max power 5000watt before dieing cyclone . Long live Rus tank dude :shock:

hope you reply about 450 amp esc and 3220 motors if it ever worked :?:

thank you 8)

fredfire said:
I think is it more about quality of the motor than speed. The tangent will last much longer at very high power levels. The cyclone will break, it is a question of when? Is it during your commute in traffic with a car behind you?

I assume cyclone can be upgraded if something breaks but I would get the tangent instead of the cyclone to save my time and enjoy the ride.

And you have what data to back this up?

G.

People are already using Astro 3220 with the tangent drive. So if my wallet was deep enough that would by my first choice for a super light weight and powerful mid drive.

macribs said:
People are already using Astro 3220 with the tangent drive. So if my wallet was deep enough that would by my first choice for a super light weight and powerful mid drive.

People have been driving internal combustion engines since the 1800s... so what is your point? That doesn't explain why the Cyclone is crap or less reliable. Choosing the Tangent over anything else is entirely your decision, and I agree that you can spend your money however you want; but that doesn't mean the Cyclone is crap or less reliable as it was blatantly stated. FYI, I run one (Cyclone 3000W) at 30+ mph on a daily commuter in the frozen/salty roads of Wisconsin... hasn't missed a beat in the 1500 miles its clocked; the chain is not even at the .5 stretch mark on the Parktool ruler... does that mean the Tangent is a POS? Probably not.

G.

Gman dude. Cool down bro. I never said anything bad about the Cyclone. My answer was to OP motomoto who asked which is faster. I only stated that the Tangent 3220 combo would be the most powerful one. More acceleration and higher top speed. An Astro with well tuned Hv 160 can get peak power past 10-12 kw for a few seconds. In that short time you are already riding @top speed. :twisted:

Matt has done single, dual and triple drives with the Astro 3220 hv 160 combo, and AFAIK he runs standard bicycle chain without problems.

macribs said:
Gman dude. Cool down bro. I never said anything bad about the Cyclone. My answer was to OP motomoto who asked which is faster. I only stated that the Tangent 3220 combo would be the most powerful one. More acceleration and higher top speed. An Astro with well tuned Hv 160 can get peak power past 10-12 kw for a few seconds. In that short time you are already riding @top speed. :twisted:

Matt has done single, dual and triple drives with the Astro 3220 hv 160 combo, and AFAIK he runs standard bicycle chain without problems.

Got it. I am sorry. I am just pasionate about my Cyclone 3000W

G.

macribs said:
Passion is a great thing, no need to be sorry :)

Someone at the C3000W thread has already pushed the thing past 5kW... the drivetrain didn't survive tho... but the motor seemed to be fine... so I am sure you could probably pump a lot of power out of this C3000W motor as well... but for reliability purposes I think is better to keep it under some manageable power. Your bike drivetrain would probably thank you. Someone on youtube was running a 66mph mid drive bike, on a DH/FR frame... but he ended up going down in power b/c he was breaking chains left/right... :)

G.

The bike in the photo's posted (cyclone powered) is presently twisted from running in the posted configuration.

FYI cwah,

I did manage with that 3000 cyclone cheap stuff to shear all the pawls of the Shimano cassette carrier and I have not been able do that feat with the LR Small Block bike's identical hub. But I have been able to tear the Gates proprietary? Drive Belt [25mm wide] on the LR SB only to find there are currently no belts in stock at the LR parts store.

My real question is: Does a fool pay less for cyclone cheap stuff that carries his big B around or does a fool pride himself for paying more for not carrying his Big B around because there are no spare belts in stock?

Really? My take: A fool talks about stuff he knows little about.

I am now riding my reliable C3000 as the broken part on that bike was easy to obtain.

Can you create another post in answering?

Back