The lightest low kv RC-motor for 500w middrive

underdog

10 W
I am trying to put together the lightest possbile middrive from scratch. Going lower diameter RC motors will in general terms meen bigger kv ratings. So I guess my challenge is to find the ultimate solution in terms of total weight (and sice) including reductions...

Does anybody have experience with any perticular motors when we are talking "low wattage" systems? I have been looking at the 63mm SK3 from Turnigy, but they are a bit long to fit, since total width of final product must be under 100mm...

How's about non-SK3 63mm motors?
They are generally larger diameter (63 vs 59mm) and shorter by ~8-12mm due to lack of skirt bearing, so the model number represents their dimensions quite well.
The only exception in Aerodrive SK3 63mm family is the smallest one - the 6354 SK3 has no skirt bearing and is only 54mm long like its name suggests.
There's two different series of 63mm motors at GiantShark - the C-series being slightly shorter/lighter/weaker/cheaper than their N-series cousins.
The lowest kv I found there was 170 - re-terminate it in star/WYE and you'll get something under 100 RPM/V. Is it low enough?

Back