Throttle/Controller Issue, S-LCD3, MAC 350w, C2 Parameter?

bchaney

100 W
Hey guys, I just installed my MAC 350w with BMS Battery 48v battery and integrated 18A sine wave controller (https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-battery/774-48v116ah-case-08-bottle-panasonic-battery-pack-battery.html), and I'm getting some strange behavior from the throttle. The motor power "cuts out" at certain throttle position. The position varies... it seems like if I gradually increase the throttle it will cut out at a higher speed than if I floor it. If I push the throttle to a certain point, the motor will accelerate to that point and then the power will cut out - it will not maintain speed. I have to return the throttle to 0 and then push it again to get any power. Not sure if this is making sense, I could take a video if it doesn't

I have checked my P and C parameters and can't find anything that seems wrong. I checked the throttle voltage output and it seems to be correct, it varies from about 0.8v to about 3.8v depending on throttle position. If I hold the throttle at full it is outputting 3.8v but the motor stops getting power. This makes me think it's a controller/parameter issue.

Max speed is set to 72mph
P1 = 16poles x gear reduction of 5 = 80
P2 = 0
P3 = 0
P4 = 0
P5 = 0
C1 = 06
C2 = 0
C3 = 2
C4 = 0
C5 = 10
C6 = 3
C7 = 0
C8 = 0
C9 = 0
C10 = n
C11 = 0
C12 = 4
C13 = 0
C14 = 2

As I was typing out my parameter settings I realized that I had not messed with C2 but that could be applicable to my problem. Turns out that any setting other than 0 or 1 allows the throttle to function OK, but I really have no idea what this setting does. Setting it to 3 allows the motor to spin to 36mph unloaded, whereas 2, 4, or 5 spins to only 31mph. I guess I'll leave it on 3 for now but I hope that's correct for the MAC and I'm not doing any damage.

Here's what the manual says for parameter C2. Mine goes from 0-5, not 0-7 as it states.

C2 is motor phase classification coding mode. It is served as identification parameter of different phases of the motor when using sine wave drive and the default value is 0. When C2 setting is 0, indicating that the used Quantum motor phase is an ordinary one. When the setting is a certain value, indicating a particular motor phase is used. C2 setting range is 0-7

Back