Tidalforce S-750 commuter

This is a new winter build I threw together while anxiously anticipating the warm weather. This thing is a little wheelie machine at 84volts 45amps powered by my 18650 Dewalt Sanyo battery packs. (20s 6ah) I had them temporarily mounted inside the triangle with zip ties, but took them out to rebuild them so they fit better! I may mount them under the bottom tube of the frame next, I'm not sure. I have completely soldered the wiring from the motor to the controller so that's not going anywhere. I also opened up the lyen controller and took all the unnecessary(not used) wiring dongles out of the controller to reduce wire clutter.

Primarily I made this bike as a little "trick" bike to rip around locally or in my warehouse at my work. Take it to the skateboard park on the weekends, ride some wheelies. Now its a commuter

At first I had a 152mm crank on the bike and almost killed myself on a corner when the pedals hit the ground from low clearances due to the bike being a 26" MTB frame. I put the 140mm on and now its great fun, this little bike is so easy to whip around.

Big thanks to RallySTX for the hub motor at a good price
And whoever sold me this entire S-750 Tidalforce complete new bike on Ebay for $75.00 shipped 2-3 years ago

IMG_2175.JPG

Bike Components:
Frame: Tidalforce S-750 (Shaved off brake bosses)
Fork: 26" Manitou Black elite
Tires: 20" x 1.95" street
Motor: 20" 9 Continents 9x7
Controller: Lyen 12-fet 4110 45a
Throttle: 48v Golden motor Thumb throttle
Front wheel: 20" Disc ready from Calhoun Cycles
Kickstand: Greenfield Aluminum
Crank: 140mm Origin 8 pro 110bcd
Chain wheel: 110bcd Sins Aluminum blue anodized
Headset: FSA Sealed 1 1/8" Threadless
Stem: DK bikes 1 1/8" Threadless
Bars: Primo Moe BMX bars blue
Grips: Downhill lock-on type red/black
Brakes: Avid Promax W/ Avid levers and 205mm rotors
Seat: WTB Speed V (I put this on every bike)
Chain tensioner: God Speed
Torque arms: NOT INSTALLED

IMG_2168.JPG

IMG_2173.JPG

IMG_2177.JPG

IMG_2178.JPG

IMG_2179.JPG

Thanks, I always wanted a BMX ebike but I had a lot of trouble finding one with 1 1/8 headset and disc brake front/back. I searched for a year and then realized I'll just use the bike I have in front of me...for now at least.

The fork does have a good lockout feature which came in handy when I had the longer crank arms on the bike! But now that I have the 140 crank, the suspension works wonderfully. I really doubt it will bottom out to the frame! but you never know. I actually like the look of the backward arch :)

I will admit I wanted to put a rigid fork on, but have not found a decent one that caught my eye yet.

So after crashing this little POS while in its 20" BMX form, I shelved this project for a little while. Then I purchased a x5304 and needed a frame, long story short. Another makeover so I can commute

this is how it looked the first few days
IMG_2488.JPG

It now runs a 26" alex3000 front rim with Bell roundabout tire and a 24" rear Crystalyte rim on a Innova Sting Ray tire
I had to change the front forks from the Manitou Black to a SR Suntour Duro. I was having some really bad flex on the Manitou Black fork during braking that became very scary/dangerous. I also threw on a nice speedo with lots of info and a new set of primo green pedals. The thumb throttle almost went in the trash since they hurt my hand on long rides, I swapped over to a nice new half twist that was actually fairly expensive but I like it a lot.
IMG_2495.JPG

Outside in the drizzle(crap weather all week) but I still rode it everyday
IMG_2499.JPG

IMG_2500.JPG

Front end shot(notice the brake lever road rash)
IMG_2501.JPG

See my dirty second hand motor that runs so smooth and silent!(I scraped loose paint off before I threw it on)
IMG_2502.JPG

Back