Tongxin Hub Motor Internal 'Wobble'

Freddy

1 µW
Hi All.

I have just received two Tongxin hub motors that I ordered directly from China. I ordered two, so that I have a spare as I know they can be a bit fragile.

Both look very well finished and I am impressed with the small size, however, one has what I can only describe as an internal 'wobble' if I rock it side to side. The other has no detectable movement at all.

Both work fine on the bench, sound fine and appear to have strong pull. I was wondering if this internal movement is a characteristic of the roller drive system?

I know this is a bit of a strange question, but has anybody with a Tongxin motor experienced this, and should I be looking to fix the 'wobble' or just use it and hope for the best. I have contacted Tongxin, but obviously long range support can be a bit difficult!

Thanks

Fred

Can't help with your issue but I would like to know where you bought them.

Freddy said:
Hi All.

I have just received two Tongxin hub motors that I ordered directly from China. I ordered two, so that I have a spare as I know they can be a bit fragile.

Both look very well finished and I am impressed with the small size, however, one has what I can only describe as an internal 'wobble' if I rock it side to side. The other has no detectable movement at all.

Both work fine on the bench, sound fine and appear to have strong pull. I was wondering if this internal movement is a characteristic of the roller drive system?

I know this is a bit of a strange question, but has anybody with a Tongxin motor experienced this, and should I be looking to fix the 'wobble' or just use it and hope for the best. I have contacted Tongxin, but obviously long range support can be a bit difficult!

Thanks

Fred
I'm assuming that you are feeling some "play" in the main bearings.
You could dis-assmenble the suspect motor enough to ck./replace the bearings. If they are loose in their bosses, you could try to re-install them with Green Loctite.
Or you could do nothing since it probably won't be an issue.

Back