• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

triangle bag

chisixer6

1 kW
saturday I was at the 3rd annual bike swap meet at University of Illinois Circle campus gym. It was larger than previously. thing that caught my eye was this firm Iberia, sells cheap bike accessories. One item that caught my eyes was the top top panniers, a little larger would be fine, but too small for batteries storage. Then I saw these bags that fit in the triangle, a medium and a large. I didn't think it would work out.
Later that night I was on the web site and checked out the triangle frame bags, lo and behold, the medium was the exact size of my triangle, and the price was $12.98, not bad.so I ordered it saturday night and it should arrive around thursday. We will see how it would work out, I am looking to store 4 or 6 6s 5a batteries.

http://www.ibera-usa.com/search.htm?keyword=B00696K4E6

Yea I bought 3 of the large size a couple weeks ago. Should be good for batteries, charger and maybe a couple tools as well. They're on Amazon with prime shipping.

I bought them thru Iberia, located a couple suburbs away from me, thru amazon.

To be honest, the 'large' size wasn't as large as I had hoped. Probably good for putting lipo bricks in there since you can position them to fit the triangle, but for any big lifepo4 rectangles, the triangle just makes it hard to fit. I hoped the large size would help alleviate it, but its still tough to do anything bigger than a 36V15AH lifepo4 in there.

Aren't they kinda thin? Maybe enough for single row of Lipoly but not quite the 4-5" needed for two rows. Saw these a while back and wondered.....

Hey ,The bag you posted looks nice but out of experience i am suggesting you to get a bag any bag you like that will have at least three stripes in each side.At least if you don't want your bag to wear out like in the first month.
This that even the Falcon bag witch consider to be top quality will eventually wear out.Also again out of experience try and find a bag with a heavy duty zipper because all other zippers will fail.

mlt34 said:
To be honest, the 'large' size wasn't as large as I had hoped. Probably good for putting lipo bricks in there since you can position them to fit the triangle, but for any big lifepo4 rectangles, the triangle just makes it hard to fit. I hoped the large size would help alleviate it, but its still tough to do anything bigger than a 36V15AH lifepo4 in there.

Mates the Falcon bag can hold my 9 x 6s1p 5ah bricks and a large amount of good quality foam.I have 75V15Ah pack in there with all harness wiring and balance ports.This thing will only fit to 19" frames or a nice backpack.Also consider the backpack thing it works out for me.
"

I got my bag today, it is on the small size, can only put 2 6s lipos, maybe 3 at the most.Maybe I'll look into the large size, same price$12.98 size difference 12x13x8 vs 16x17x11. Only problem, it won't fit my triangle any more. I guess it's back to fabricating them out of steel again.

Have you considered the falconev bag? it's really the best one you can get still, today.

falconevbag7.jpg

It can flex around to fit various shapes, has padding, and is pretty tough.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29211

I think theFalconev bag is too big for me. Got a small triangle.

I been trying out various triangle bags and "top/frame pannier" bags.
So far I have found I don't like straight triangle bags because they take a while to take off.
For me thats a problem because I have to take my batteries off to be charged as I can't bring the charger to the bike.

I found frame pannier bags to be easier to work with in constant removal regards. So far my favorite top frame pannier bag has been this one.
T2eC16NHJGE9nm3oySBQf3Itk6w60_3.JPG
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-New-EVA-Shakeproof-Bike-Bicycle-Frame-Front-Tube-Bag-/360615100384?pt=AU_Sport_Cycling_Accessories&hash=item53f655bfe0&_uhb=1#ht_4066wt_1265

They are a hard shell design, they feel great to handle like I could just take it off the bike and throw it across the room for later..
Only down side is it only fits a total of 4 lipos, 2 per compartment. I fitted a total of 4 Turnigy 6S 5ah batteries in it. Batteries were 15cm x 5cm x 5cm.
2013-02-27T18-30-33_22.jpg

Interesting little bag there.You see i have a FalconEV bag but my new frame is 17" and i can fit 6x6s1p 5ah packs in it.The issue is that i use 9x6s1p packs.So 6 and 4 you say you fitted in there might solve the issue.But again the backpack even if it has his downsides it has one great thing you carry it with you all the time you don't loose time just lock your bike and you are off.If you have the $$ consider doubling your pack to avoid charging at work or anywhere else and try the backpack thingy.

At this moment i use the Falcon Bag with all packs and i use a backpack to carry it around.

There are few issues with the backpack and a large pack 74v15ah config.

1.The weight.
2.You loose a lot of agility with the backpack.Or ending up with some back pain after a few hours of riding.
3.Most important :The extra weight is better to be placed on the triangle of the bike just because it will make the ebike more stable.And believe me the difference is there even noticeable by me.

The best configuration for a battery i had was the cylindrical battery enclosure with the steel rod that locks to the frame and to the battery itself.Had the system for 2 years and the pack was intact , never damaged , or worried that someone might stole it.Let me find you a picture.This setup has also a downside you need a frame that will have room for this thing.....

Unfortunately whatever you choose to use there will always be a down side :D

Attachments

• Napoli_lg.jpg
    Napoli_lg.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 2,029
That is a cool setup and a creative way to straddle the frame.. thanks

I just order one of the pannier bags, should get it in a couple weeks, cost was around $15 total. I am hoping to hold 4 6s 5a batteries.

Hi, there is a seller on ebay (URALTOUR) that makes customized triangle bags, you tell them the inside measurements of your triangle with the width you require, it's a good quality bag, the seller is located in russia but ships worldwide £34 ($50) including postage, what I do is line it with 1mm aluminium sheet and screw it to the frame through the bottle cage mounting holes to make it more sturdy/safer and then mount a 100v key switch through the end of the bag.

You can read some reviews on the bags here: http://forums.mtbr.com/bikepacking-bike-expedition/uraltour-bags-822929.html

Attachments

• triangle bag.jpg
    triangle bag.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,909
  • bag lock.jpg
    bag lock.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,909
  • key switch.jpg
    key switch.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,909
ElectroRider said:
Hi, there is a seller on ebay (URALTOUR) that makes customized triangle bags, you tell them the inside measurements of your triangle with the width you require, it's a good quality bag,

I ordered a bag from them and they did not provide the width that I specified and the bag was much smaller that the dimensions provided for the frame.. The quality of the material was low end, and nothing like the material in the Falcon EV bag. I have all the backup information and pics to substantiate my statement.

Would not recommend buying anything from URALTOUR..

Back