TSDZ2B Reviews ?

Bartman

10 W
I’m looking for TSDZ2B reviews from those that have been running one for a while . I purchased one last week to replace my old worn out one , but had to return it as it was extremely stiff to pedal when not assisting, extremely difficult to push backward and started to slip the pedal. I put on my spare TSDZ2 (brand new) and it worked fine. At this point I’m undecided about buying the ‘B’ or just getting a TSDZ2 to replace my spare.

Hi,
My TSDZ2B is still little stiff after few months.

Last edited:
I bought a TSDZ2B last Fall. Will be installing it soon, but yes, mine is very stiff. Cannot turn axle with fingers. Very stiff with pedal arm attached. Much stiffer than the TSDZ2. May not matter when chain is on bike and pushing the wheels. I believe it's an ill-fitting gasket. Hope so,

I bought a TSDZ2B last Fall. Will be installing it soon, but yes, mine is very stiff. Cannot turn axle with fingers. Very stiff with pedal arm attached. Much stiffer than the TSDZ2. May not matter when chain is on bike and pushing the wheels. I believe it's an ill-fitting gasket. Hope so,
Any idea which gasket ? I more thinking its the new style clutch bearing as there not a lot of gaskets internally .

I installed the B this week. I have it on a beater Giant Rincon. It does feel normal when pedaling w/o power, no drag that I can feel. Rolls backward OK too,

It's noisier just loud enough so I know it's working in eco mode. It seems stronger in turbo mode. or maybe I am a stronger pedaler this summer. I've put alot of time in on a regular bike,. I never tried sustained throttle on the other motor, but if I leave it on the B, the bike takes a while, but is pulling past 23 mph, I never thought the original one could do that because the throttle felt ineffectual,. I noticed the motor got warm to the touch too. I put the OSF/embrusa firmware in after just a short test ride.

I don't think the motors are much different. The bikes are. The Giant with the "B" is a little heavier, different tires. The original motor is on a steel 10 speed. Skinny tires. It just rolls better and the Giant feels a bit harder to pedal in Eco/Tour mode. I prefer the original. I don't have a need for the Giant. Probably get rid of it.

IMG_4216.JPEG
PB231201.jpg

Back