TTXGP Today and Tomorrow at Laguna! Woot!

Arlo1 said:
Luke is your team running a methods bms?

Nope. RC pack checkers is all.

Two euro teams are running methods BMS though, and it looks freaking badass.

Yup, thats CRP using a Methods BMS, they are under my care;)
2 years running with it on several of their bikes and not a single gliche to date AFAIK.
There are 4 or 5 European bikes running it and it was the envy of the paddock, only BMS with no problems..

So far I've not had any dramas with my BMS, but I also balance my cells fairly often.

Man, the bar has been set high by Mission...

Luke, that smoked Agni you have there - did one brush wear out faster than the other? I had that too :? What's up with that?

Chris, your one brush wearing faster was likely due to different resistance on that brush.

Video?

liveforphysics said:
Arlo1 said:

So the ttxgp considered that as an accebable bms??? If so, that is great!!!

Also what HK lipo's are in those aluminum cases? Are they the 10s 35c 5ah nano-techs?

HumboldtRc said:
liveforphysics said:
Arlo1 said:

Also what HK lipo's are in those aluminum cases? Are they the 10s 35c 5ah nano-techs?

That battery isn't mine, I don't know what cells they are using. 1 person on this forum knows but we respect eachothers privacy.

liveforphysics said:
HumboldtRc said:
liveforphysics said:

That battery isn't mine, I don't know what cells they are using. 1 person on this forum knows but we respect eachothers privacy.

So ttxgp accepted the cell-log bms??? Or what ever rc battery checkers your talking about.... I guess so if that's what you used and raced with.

I really couldn't care less about those battery's, they just looked like the size of 5ah cells... That's all.

Yes, cell logs and other cheesy HobbyKing cell monitors are being used by over half the field as the BMS.

Tire warmers are on, and we've got roughly 45mins before our qualifying session.

We worked till late last night, and today, and now we hope we can shave the 10sec off we need.

Wish us luck!!!

Tiberius said:
Good luck, Luke. Go for it.

Keep the good news coming.

Nick

Thank you my friend. We're going to need every ounce of luck we can get.

Good news and bad news.

Our amazing efforts last night shaved a striking 9sec from our laptimes making us top Formula75 qualifier.

Mission had an incredible quality session, and lapped a 1.31!!!! This is pro 600cc superbike time! Electrics are achieving parity with gasoline racing superbikes TODAY!

The future is now, and the whole motoGP world saw it.

Now the bad news.
The qual time to race is 1:55.26sec

No formula75 bikes qualified to race.

The FIM is holding a jury to see if we can race.

Also, i forgot to mention, our motor smoked, all Agni bikes smoked, and an induction motor reeks like fire but I don't know if it smoked.

In otherwords, it went as a qualifying session for serious racers should go.

Another full night ahead of us rebuilding/rewinding/redesigning. 5th night in a row of this. Running low on Redbulls and norco's for my back.

Its official. We are gridded 9th, which is first for Formula75. Protomoto also qualified and is in 10th.

Mission has slaughter this event.

Are they going to run all classes at once or are they going to run F75 as a separate event? And why on earth would they stop valid competitors from racing, regardless of their time? Surely, even if you are slow, if you didn't DNF then you should be able to grid up??

jonescg said:
Are they going to run all classes at once or are they going to run F75 as a separate event? And why on earth would they stop valid competitors from racing, regardless of their time? Surely, even if you are slow, if you didn't DNF then you should be able to grid up??

Because it would cost 10s of thousands of dollars for the 25mins of track time needed to run F75 seperately.

Having a high speed difference on the track is the hazard. If mission runs 1.31 and we run 1.59, they will lap us (and most of the rest of the field). Lapping things going 50mph slower than you adds danger to both parties. This is why they make a quals cut-off.

OK I thought they would run them together. Still, Casey stoner rounds up backmarkers and they don't cull them out :lol: I guess in Australia having three bikes is not so bad for safety :).

liveforphysics said:
Also, i forgot to mention, our motor smoked, all Agni bikes smoked, and an induction motor reeks like fire but I don't know if it smoked.

If i blew a motor everytime i raced i wouldn't be impressed nor would ANY professional teams Luke,
MotoGP teams are allocated a set number of motors for the year, 6 they are sealed prior
to the season and can't be touched during, how would blowing motors everytime they ran workout for them Luke?
I think your opinion of how things go for 'serous races' is seriously flawed, that or your trying to make
light of a bad situation, i would certainly hope the latter. Blowing motors everytime you run says to
me your team isn't learning from its mistakes and not improving anything..not much point making the grid if
you have to blow up motors to achieve he times to do it...IMO.

" Electrics are achieving parity with gasoline racing superbikes TODAY! " When they can sustain these speeds for
the duration of a 20 lap race
, then they will have achieved 'parity' not until ;) ...Have
to stop blowing up motors after a lap first, then think about where you going to get batteries
that will do 20 laps flat chat....I'm sure your judgement is clouded by the excitement that surrounds
you this weekend, that and the sexy biatches you keep sending pics of ROFL... All the best to
you and the team Luke kick some ass mate ;)

KiM

Luke,

What about UQM motor ?

Chip yates is using one of the big powerphase serie and did the pike peak no problemo and also proven to endure all races from now.

146-1106-01-z+electric-superbike+UQM-motor-and-controller.jpg

With all good contact you have, i would doubt that getting oe would be so complicated noh?

Doc

Doc - they will sell to the public, if Joe Public has $22,850:

UQM said:
Hi Chris, thank you for contacting UQM Technologies. I did not see anyone else reply to your inquiry, so I wanted to be sure to follow up. The PowerPhase 75 and 125 systems are the very same externally. The difference lies within the IGBT modules in the inverter, which are upgraded to a higher current rating in the PP125 system. Sample system pricing is as follows:
PP75 - $20690
PP125 - $22850
Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Thanks and Best Regards,
Andrew Roberts
UQM Technologies
303-682-4937

I might not own a home by the time I'm 40, but I will own one of these :D

AussieJester said:
liveforphysics said:

If i blew a motor everytime i raced i wouldn't be impressed nor would ANY professional teams Luke,
MotoGP teams are allocated a set number of motors for the year, 6 they are sealed prior
to the season and can't be touched during, how would blowing motors everytime they ran workout for them Luke?
I think your opinion of how things go for 'serous races' is seriously flawed, that or your trying to make
light of a bad situation, i would certainly hope the latter. Blowing motors everytime you run says to
me your team isn't learning from its mistakes and not improving anything..not much point making the grid if
you have to blow up motors to achieve he times to do it...IMO.

MotoGP is like 1/20th of the pit area and racers here (yet they draw like 95% of the fans I'm sure).
The following other classes are here (all the factory teams and loads of private ones), have no rules on engine replacement etc, and are sacrificing engines just to set qualifying position (as was once done in ever F1 race before they made rules to reduce costs etc, and you still see done in many forms of drag racing etc.) Also, we did it how we wanted to do it. We ran a tire heat lap, then a hot-lap, checked times, adjusted the controller UP, then ran another tire heat lap, then a hot lap, then adjusted controller UP, repeat, repeat, until we experimentally found the limits of the motor, so in the main event tomorrow morning (and we've almost got the motor rebuilt) we know exactly how far we can push it. Other teams brought 8 agni motors per bike... Yes, 8 motors, and they only have a 2-agni bike that runs 4 times, so they were planning for replacing motors after each session. The CRT team is on it's 5th AC50 or something silly this year. lol

"The AMA national championship has three classes and will be practicing, qualifying and racing throughout the weekend to ensure the track doesn’t go quiet for long. The first full race is on Saturday with the AMA Pro Motorcycle Superstore.com SuperSport 40-mile race. Then on Sunday, the AMA Pro Daytona SportBike rolls out for a 50-mile race and the AMA Pro National Guard SuperBike race concludes Sunday with its own 50-miler."

AussieJester said:
" Electrics are achieving parity with gasoline racing superbikes TODAY! " When they can sustain these speeds for
the duration of a 20 lap race
, then they will have achieved 'parity' not until ;) ...Have
to stop blowing up motors after a lap first, then think about where you going to get batteries
that will do 20 laps flat chat....I'm sure your judgement is clouded by the excitement that surrounds
you this weekend, that and the sexy biatches you keep sending pics of ROFL... All the best to
you and the team Luke kick some ass mate ;)

KiM

I appreciate the kind words, but a 1:31 is performance parity, just not endurance parity. Only the fastest of the professional 600cc sportbikes are able to go faster than that, and Stoner's worlds fastest bike on Laguna is only 9.xsec faster on a GP machine that has been refined from 70 years of racing development vs the Mission bike that is built by 5 guys in SanFran for a few hundred grand over the last couple years vs BILLIONS spent over half a century to get GP bikes where they are today. This is pretty damn awesome stuff KiM, it's watching history being made from the front lines, and it's only going to get better from here. :)

Back