Universal AWD mid/front hub bike

Seems to be whatever two TSDZ controllers can output.
The maximum current can be set in OSF, for TSDZ. it can even be 15-18A (I've seen such settings). However, I do not use such settings. I currently have it set to max 12A and have not experienced any lack of power. For AKM it is max 15A.

..yeah but the effective torque to the wheel is even more variable on the mid drive since you have gearing on one of the motors.

If you want even torque on both wheels, you will need to have a little computer that models the power of both motors based on their differing characteristics, what gear you are in, the RPM of each motor.

I know of no existing gear sensor which can identify the gear you are in, in order to get that information to feed the custom computer, you will either need to use an electronic gear shifting system and hack together a way of reading it's sense of what gear it's in ( i hope you are an experienced programmer ), or design and fabricate a sensor from scratch in order to get an accurate torque output reading from the mid drive.

This setup would be heavier, more expensive, and a lot more mechanically, electronically, and logically complex than simply running two geared hub motors.

A pair of MAC motors could climb a 12% grade for 32km before overheating, and designing a computer that does torque vectoring or ABS would be very simple because there's a lot less variables to compute.

View attachment 352557
Thank you for your suggestion. However, I don't think you need to balance the torque in both engines. On the contrary, it is advisable to adjust the amount of torque on a given axle depending on the road conditions. Let me give you an example. I have a long, steep driveway. In such conditions, I gradually use lower and lower gears on the derailleur and then, as I get tired, I increase the level of assistance. This happens when I'm driving in the lowest gear and on the highest level of assistance. All drive elements (including me) work at high power. The engine temperature rises and more and more power is converted into heat, energy losses increase. Therefore, before such a situation occurs, you can engage the front wheel drive to the degree of support that will be beneficial for energy consumption, i.e. efficiency. It may be that on such a climb and in such conditions the best torque ratio will be 50Nm on the rear wheel and 20Nm on the front wheel or vice versa, this should be proven by tests. However, the temperature of the central engine will certainly be lower (lower energy consumption), and the efficiency of the entire system will be higher. The idea is to select the size of the assistance level on each engine in OSF to ensure maximum efficiency and safety. Our colleague "E-HP" suggests moving the thread to the "EBike Build Threads" topic. I rely on his experience and am asking for help on how to do it.

Our colleague "E-HP" suggests moving the thread to the "EBike Build Threads" topic. I rely on his experience and am asking for help on how to do it.
Just make the request and an admin or mod can make it happen. Luckily you have one of each on this thread already. You could post a pic of your current setup (the “before”), and show the progress and final product.

Your explanations are making me dizzy.

💫🥴
I try to explain thoroughly so that everyone can understand the assumptions and goals of the project. If you say I'm wrong, I'd appreciate it if you told me why you think so ("I think you are wrong, but let us know how it works out."). Based on the suggestion of our colleague "E-HP", I am asking you to move the thread to "EBike Build Threads".

Just make the request and an admin or mod can make it happen. Luckily you have one of each on this thread already. You could post a pic of your current setup (the “before”), and show the progress and final product.
Here's the "before" setup

Attachments

• Aloebike.jpg
    Aloebike.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 6
I try to explain thoroughly so that everyone can understand the assumptions and goals of the project. If you say I'm wrong, I'd appreciate it if you told me why you think so ("I think you are wrong, but let us know how it works out."). Based on the suggestion of our colleague "E-HP", I am asking you to move the thread to "EBike Build Threads".
I feel that it's best left here.

Back